Page 1 of 2
i know nevermore uses them and dont mention korn, just curious because i was thinkin maybe of getting a 7string, help me out whats your opinion on them
ESP LTD EC-1000 Deluxe
the deftones uses a 7 string too.......um and slayer used one in "Here comes the Pain"
Carvin Legacy
Ibanez RG 470 w/Evo's
ESP Viper
Ibanez TS9
MXR Ten-band EQ
MXR Phase 90
MXR Smart-Gate
Boss DD-3
Dime CRybaby from HELL

Microcube
Lacuna Coil, maybe? I haven't even heard any of their music. But I heard they use 7-stringers.
FOUNDER OF THE "OFFICIAL SLIPKNOT FAN CLUB" Pm me or Maggotx3 to join
Moonspells latest cd.

If you havent heard of moonspell
illegaly download (magdalena, handmade god, everything invaded, wolfshade.)
and tell me their not one of the greatest metal bands out right now.
Oh listen to opeth they grow on you so bad.
Metallica used 7 strings in a few songs on St. Anger, which i consider a good album overall.
Dino from Fear Factory used 7 strings. Meshugga uses 7,8, and 9 strings.
Major of 7 String Legion 7 > 6

Carvin DC747
Ibanez RG2228
Schecter Avenger Custom Shop
and my baby....
Gibson Explorer Studio
Quote by lokimlin
Moonspells latest cd.

If you havent heard of moonspell
illegaly download (magdalena, handmade god, everything invaded, wolfshade.)
and tell me their not one of the greatest metal bands out right now.
Oh listen to opeth they grow on you so bad.

QFT. I just got their newest cd on itunes and it's amazing. I already had The Antidote which I loved and decided to see what other stuff they have out. Good band.
Martin D-15 || Epiphone Les Paul Custom (Black w/ Gold HW)
Ibanez RG320 (Dark Silver) || Digitech RP50 || Mbox2 || Yamaha HS50M's
Ibanez Smash Box || Danelectro Danecho || Modded Crybaby
Peavey Bandit 112 Transtube
And More!...
KoRn!!! Oh, wait, you said 'good' bands.

(sorry KoRn just isnt my cup of tea)

John Petrucci (Dream Theater, Liquid Tension Experiment, Solo) uses 7 strings. I hope to play like him some day.
My name is Andy
Quote by MudMartin
Only looking at music as math and theory, is like only looking at the love of your life as flesh and bone.

Swinging to the rhythm of the New World Order,
Counting bodies like sheep to the rhythm of the war drums
Nevermore is excellent. Lucuna Coil ain't bad.
- FJ

Quote by Landover Baptist Church
If you find [balloons in his bedroom], it is a sign that Satan may have taken your child by the hand and skipped off together to see the movie, Up without your knowledge.

you could use them for some low tuned bands like Amon amarth, and some Cannibal Corpse.

and i dont know if he uses the low string but devin townshed off Strapping Young Lad might do it.
R.I.P. Dime
"Forever Shred On"
Nevermore
Dream Theater
Jag Panzer
Cannibal Corpse
Morbid Angel
Steve Vai
Joe Satch
Mesuggah
Read my post. Not this.
People who have actually heard of Jag Panzer? Whoa.
Your body has parts your country can spare! By the way son, here's your wheelchair!
Quote by mingles
Mesuggah

and custom 8 strings right?

Quote by JS30RR
People who have actually heard of Jag Panzer? Whoa.

Broderick FTW.
"The fool doth think he is wise, but the wiseman knows himself to be a fool." - W.S.
amp clips
amp vids
nile? or do they use baritones...
I R tr00 Member of UG's Gain \/\/hores - don't pm gpderek09 to join unless you are truly worthy
www.purevolume.com/mordecaiaus
Quote by xifr
There is the possibility that I may have or may or may not have gone or not gone into the danger zone.

Quote by lespaulmarshall
I love you Joel
Devin in strapping young lad uses 7 strings or 8 strings. I think the 8 has one string higher and one lower not two lower.
should i not get a 7 string if i havent been playin that long? or should i stay with the standard 6?
ESP LTD EC-1000 Deluxe
Quote by ias05
should i not get a 7 string if i havent been playin that long? or should i stay with the standard 6?

if you cant play the 6 string why play a 7 string then. and unless your going to be using that extra b string alot then why bother with a 7 string
Dream Theater use 7 strings in about half a dozen songs.

Quote by GHEGAHEGAMANAME
Lacuna Coil, maybe? I haven't even heard any of their music. But I heard they use 7-stringers.

Lacuna Coil started sucking the day they started using 7 strings. now they're just Korn with a pretty girl singing.

don't get me wrong, I was a huge Lacuna Coil fan. their earlier stuff (In a Reverie especially) was fantastic. they've gone downhill since then.
matt bellemy from muse somtimes uses a coustom built manson 7 string, he said that is was his favioriet guitar
Quote by mingles
Nevermore
Dream Theater
Jag Panzer
Cannibal Corpse
Morbid Angel
Steve Vai
Joe Satch
Mesuggah

uhh...satch has like one song on a seven string. one guess at which one...
Quote by corduroyEW
Cheap amps are "that bad". They suck up your tone like cocaine at Kate Moss' party.

I am Michael!
mushroomhead!
and most of their music is simple too
Quote by steven seagull
good, however give yourself a pat on the back for starting a thread that contains a picture of Optimus Prime!

Quote by Schneiderman
This thread sucks and is now about slot cars.
mushroomhead
nevermore
jag panzer
joe satriani(on the song searching)
steve vai
KoRn
dreamtheater
lacuna coil
fear factory
dragonforce
metallica( on a couple songs on st.anger)
outworld
rusty cooley
Mesuggah
Quote by rabidguitarist
I even tried dressing up as a fly myself, and throwing myself out of the window in the hope that they will follow me. But to no avail.

Quote by daytripper75
we have a Llama forum, and still no drum forum.
Unearth is one of the best metalcore bands out there, and they're known for using 7-stringers.
NEW...MILLENIUM...CYANIDE...CHRIST!

by that I mean Meshuggah
Schecter C-1 Classic
LTD EC-1000
Fender American FSR Mahog. Chambered Tele 60th
Fender Mexican Strat SD Hot Rails Br/Ne
Fender Hot Rod Deville 4x10
Boss DD-6
Boss Metal Zone
Quote by tubab0y
uhh...satch has like one song on a seven string. one guess at which one...

uhmmmmmm,

Searching,
Seven String (duh )
Mind Storm

Whitesnake is a great band that uses 7 strings
Quote by azn_guitarist25
if you cant play the 6 string why play a 7 string then. and unless your going to be using that extra b string alot then why bother with a 7 string

hmm...well so i guess unless you're a complete master at the 6 string you shouldn't play a 6. maybe get a 5 string guitar to begin on(schecter used to make one). or better yet. why not start on a 1 string guitar and move on up from there until you master each string.

sorry, but I'm just tired of hearing people say "why play a 7 when you can't play a 6 string perfectly yet" or things similar to that. there's some obvious things you can't do on a 6 string that you can do on a 7.
Quote by Se7en
or better yet. why not start on a 1 string guitar and move on up from there until you master each string.

you know, Jimi Hendrix and Slash started that way
Quote by Se7en
hmm...well so i guess unless you're a complete master at the 6 string you shouldn't play a 6. maybe get a 5 string guitar to begin on(schecter used to make one). or better yet. why not start on a 1 string guitar and move on up from there until you master each string.

sorry, but I'm just tired of hearing people say "why play a 7 when you can't play a 6 string perfectly yet" or things similar to that. there's some obvious things you can't do on a 6 string that you can do on a 7.

well if you struggle trying to play 6 strings why bother with a thicker neck to accomodate that extra b string. how useful is that b string going to be.
Page 1 of 2