I bought a Fender Standard Jazz about 2 months ago, and the bridge is complete crap. It conastantly detunes itself, and lowers the action on its own. Like the screws are undoing themselves. Anyway, I need a replacement, and am looking for suggestions asto what I should get. Any help is appreciated.
of the Godlike, Archaic, But Sexy Instrument Players. PM kmbuchamushroom to join.

Member #4 of the Truthiness Club, PM Zeppelin08 to defend all things truthiness.
look for a schaller one http://www.schaller-guitarparts.de/1000.htm you can get them from a lot of shops or ebay.
Fender American Deluxe Ash Stratocaster (2000)
Fender Classic Player 60's Stratocaster
Marshall JCM900 100w head & 4x12 cab

Korg DT-10 Tuner; Boss DD-3 Digital Delay; Jim Dunlop JH-1B Wah; Boss RT-20 Rotary Ensemble; MXR EVH Phase 90.
word: a bass guitar produces serious vibrations through-out the guitar. this causes screws to loosen themselves. the stock fender bridge works just fine, but does require attention. you must tighten the screws periodically. especially the saddle screws. a new bridge will have the same issues. i check the bridge, neck, saddle, strap, and tuner screws, weekly.
Quote by MetalUpTheAss
Leo Quann Badass II

I VERY much second that, I basically never have problems with it and it made my bass sound much much more articulate(i think you could say) in the process
Ya, I read on other forums and such that the BA was the way to go.
of the Godlike, Archaic, But Sexy Instrument Players. PM kmbuchamushroom to join.

Member #4 of the Truthiness Club, PM Zeppelin08 to defend all things truthiness.
I put the original Badass bridge on my Jazz; involved drilling several holes. Making it just that much more badass indeed!
Quote by 83lespaulstudio
word: a bass guitar produces serious vibrations through-out the guitar. this causes screws to loosen themselves. the stock fender bridge works just fine, but does require attention. you must tighten the screws periodically. especially the saddle screws. a new bridge will have the same issues. i check the bridge, neck, saddle, strap, and tuner screws, weekly.

I know what you mean, but the thing is, it happens when I don't play. One time, while I was playing, I noticed that the action on certain strings had sropped to unplayability past certain frets. I raised it back up, but lost interest in playing, so I set it down for about an hour or two. Came back, and it had dropped again.

The Badass II is the way to go, got one on me p-bass and j-bass, both worked fine, and imo made a drastic improvement to the bass itself. The Badass 1 requires holes i dont think its a fender standard, the Badass II is a fender standard and they have made a Badass III which i think is for American models, but i think i'm well out with that assumption.

Badass II the way forward.
What exactly does a Badass II do to the sound of your bass?
Quote by Prince
i have not heard of those bands but they probably suck if i havent heard of them. or they never even existed. So MR. RETARD Tim Armstrong and El Hefe from NOFX started ska way back in the late 80's because they were sick of the hardcore scene

Quote by MetalUpTheAss
Leo Quann Badass II

Nothing is better...
Quote by TiMaRmStRoNg101
there was once this girl
in my school
and she was like
'greenday is so punk'

and i was all
omgelitist
'fawkofffffffffff'
and punched her in the face.
cause i can do that
cause I know more about punk rock and stuff
Quote by Jaimz
What exactly does a Badass II do to the sound of your bass?

Well you no longer have to worry about the saddles screwing up with the action on your bass, I haven't had a intonation problem since I put it on about 3 monthes ago, and it sounds much much more cleaner/defined.
Quote by Casual Karma
I know what you mean, but the thing is, it happens when I don't play. One time, while I was playing, I noticed that the action on certain strings had sropped to unplayability past certain frets. I raised it back up, but lost interest in playing, so I set it down for about an hour or two. Came back, and it had dropped again.

by the description of you're symptoms, you may have a truss rod issue. has the bass ever been "set-up" by a pro? it may solve you're problems until you can upgrade.

also, check the screws that attach the neck, to the body.
Yeah, i thought that too, and checked it out, but to no avail(sp?). It is the bridge...it's just messed up for some reason, and I can't figure out how.

Quote by Casual Karma
Yeah, i thought that too, and checked it out, but to no avail(sp?). It is the bridge...it's just messed up for some reason, and I can't figure out how.

well if you can't figure it out, increase you're knowledge, or get a pro set-up.
here is a good place to start.

http://www.fender.com/support/setup/basssetup.php
Well, my plan is to take it up to guitar center, and have my friend who works there check it out...he knows his basses pretty well. Nonetheless, I am prolly gonna end up getting a new bridge. Hopefully that is what the problem is.

If you look on the fender sight you'll see that a decent number of signature Fender Bass's don't use Fender bridges: Geddy doesn't, Marcus Miller doesn't and Frank Bello doesn't. Even Fender markets the Badass Bridge as an upgrade on their standard bridges. I'm going to have to get one....