Page 1 of 2
I am supposed to submit a Senior quote for the yearbook this year..being a senior. Its supposed to be inspirational in some way...and I figured why not get one from someone like Marty Friedman or some other awesome awesome guitarist?!?!

Anyway, while I am going to look around, I am asking for some suggestions, as I am sure I cant find all of them!

Im checking Jason Becker's website first...since he is inspirational without saying anything in the first place.
time to unleash the fucckin fury yngwie malemsteem
Quote by ihatemetal
Fallout boy with Tom Delonge on vocals would be the ultimate supergroup

you my friend, are an idiot
Hahahahah I thought about that firebridge, but this is for the yearbook man...although if you're gonna use Yngwie might as well use I DONT LIKE FOCKIN DOUGHNUTS!
"When the power of love, overcomes the love of power, only then will the world know peace"-jimi hendrix

i may have gotten some words messed up cause i cant remember the quote word for word, but the point still gets across
:stickpoke

ITALY-2006 WORLD CUP CHAMPIONS!
One night I dreamed I was running. When I woke up I forgot I had a limp, so I walked totally normal until I remembered, "oh, yeah, I have a limp". Then I immediately stumbled. That showed me that if you have control over your mind, you can do anything.
-Jason Becker

Im probably going to use that.

Unless me or someone else finds something better.

*^^What is the correct way to word that sentence??? I couldn't figure it out...*
''When I?m not thinking of the notes or the tone or blah blah blah, and I?m just humbly begging God for himself with every note, that?s when being able to play becomes the greatest gift in the world.'' - Steve Vai.
Was it something like:

"I eat popcorn chicken and jack-off like the rest of yalls." - Jeff Loomis

Quote by ukdudeinuk
One night I dreamed I was running. When I woke up I forgot I had a limp, so I walked totally normal until I remembered, "oh, yeah, I have a limp". Then I immediately stumbled. That showed me that if you have control over your mind, you can do anything.
-Jason Becker

That's a really good one.
Quote by hepzibahbaptist
Yeah listen to Apoc. He knows what he's talking about.

Quote by hepzibahbaptist
I figured you were going to sig that. And this if you have any sense of humor what so ever.

Founder of the "Marty Friedman > You" Club. PM me or altronataku to join
I have a bad feeling about this - Obi Wan Kenobi

Pikachu, I choose you! - Ash

Pika-pika! - Pikachu

**** it all and **** it no regrets! - James Hetfield

Gimme fuel gimme fire gimme that which I desire! - James Hetfield... again...

To be free there must be Black Fire - Dragonforce (i forgot their singer)

There is a fine line between Paganism and Christianity - Steve Vai (For the Love of God ftw!)

**** it man, don't do it, too hard... - Jason Becker

NO FOCKING DONUTS! - Yngwie Malmsteen

UNLEASH TEH FJ0RY!! - Yngwie Malmsteen

There's a lot of ways to get from the bottom to the top, its kind of like digging a hole - Buckethead
''I never really wanted to play the guitar , i don't really like the guitar for me'' - Allan Holdsworth
Quote by Jimi Hendrix
The Blues Is Easy To Play But Hard To Feel.

Quote by Chris Impellitteri
I Promise That My Solos Will Only Get Faster.
[Practice Makes Perfect][Hell Yeah]
"It takes a lot of discipline to be very proficient on your instrument.

You really have to exercise your willpower - reach down really deep within and pull out stuff you never knew you had, strength you ever bothered to find before. " - Steve Vai

?If you want to get laid, go to college. If you want an education, go to the library.? - Frank Zappa
"If you wind up with a boring, miserable life because you listened to your mom, your dad, your teacher, your priest or some guy on TV telling you how to do your ****, then YOU DESERVE IT."

Frank Zappa
He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt.
He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would fully suffice.

Remember: A prudent question is one half of wisdom.

Click.
Quote by SGRocker0791
Was it something like:

"I eat popcorn chicken and jack-off like the rest of yalls." - Jeff Loomis

I used to have that quote in my sig.
Talk to Erowid

Quote by dead-fish

Tell me when thy band shall return to mark a schedueled performance on my nearest venue's door!
Quoth teh Loomis, "Nevermore".

Member #9 of the "Marty Friedman > You" Club. PM apocalypse13 or altronataku to join.
Quote by ukdudeinuk
-Jason Becker

i like that one
Quote by apocalypse13

Quote by Beckerism
I ain't ghetto foo! I's just keeping it real!

Keep it real man.
Click.
Quote by Cheesepuff
There is a fine line between Paganism and Christianity - Steve Vai (For the Love of God ftw!)

Actually its: "Walking the fine line between Pagan and Christian"
Quote by Stratwizard
?If you want to get laid, go to college. If you want an education, go to the library.? - Frank Zappa

Quote by hepzibahbaptist
Yeah listen to Apoc. He knows what he's talking about.

Quote by hepzibahbaptist
I figured you were going to sig that. And this if you have any sense of humor what so ever.

Founder of the "Marty Friedman > You" Club. PM me or altronataku to join
Im liking some of these Steve Vai ones..especially the instrument proficiency one. However, I don't think it's as inspiring as the Becker quote I found. I'd like to see some more though...

Why do people post Jimi quotes?? I understand he said some things that fit what I'm asking for, but he isn't shred. Just wondering.
Quote by ukdudeinuk
Im liking some of these Steve Vai ones..especially the instrument proficiency one. However, I don't think it's as inspiring as the Becker quote I found. I'd like to see some more though...

Well, there's a thin line between inspiring and cliché, you know...
He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt.
He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would fully suffice.

Click.
Quote by Resiliance

funny thing tho, is that they often go hand-in-hand (for some reason)
Quote by Cheesepuff
I have a bad feeling about this - Obi Wan Kenobi

Pikachu, I choose you! - Ash

Pika-pika! - Pikachu

Quote by Resiliance
I ain't dissin' ya bro.

I be doin' some 'o dat sarcasm **** right thurr.
Quote by Stratwizard
“If you want to get laid, go to college. If you want an education, go to the library.” - Frank Zappa

best quote so far IMO.
Please vote for my band in a demo competition by clicking
here, pressing the button that says "Gi din stemme" and then connecting to facebook! Thanks a lot!
WTF is it with people bagging Yngwie. Yngwie mite not have being the first shredder but the guy is a pioneer. Most people have seen the stupid lame things people put on youtube and stuff and people have seen him on the G3 concerts and people make judgements on his personality. Yeah the guy can be a bit full of himself, but i bet if any one of you guys were half as good as him you would be and ego-maniac 10X worse then Yngwie. Yngwie is a legend and is one of the worlds most skilled shredders. He plays with more feeling then any other shredder, most people will disagree with me saying this but sorry, Yngwie does play with tons of skill, its just most people are too slow to appreciate it.
^2x

''The True Language Of The Human Spirit Is Music'' - John McLaughlin
Quote by Jimi Hendrix

Quote by sheumack111
He plays with more feeling then any other shredder

Not true. I just checked Satch's emotion with my emotion-o-meter and he pretty much kicks Yngwie's ass.

Click.
i'm 90% with u shumack111 but bout the emotion subject u can't accuse anyone of being emotionless cuz everyone got his own way of expressing himself unless in the old dayz i used to say SLAYER r emotionless but i was dump.
Quote by Jimi Hendrix

I have a message to deliver to the cute people of the world...if you're
cute, or maybe you're beautiful...there's MORE OF US UGLY MOTHER****ERS
OUT THERE THAN YOU ARE!! So watch out.

We could jam in Joe's garage,
we didn't have no dope or LSD,
but a coupl'o'quarts o'beer,
would fix it so the intonation,
would not offend your ear.

Stupidity is the basic building block of the universe.

I'm not black, but there's a whole lot of
times I wish I could say I'm not white.

Information is not knowledge,
Knowledge is not wisdom,
Wisdom is not truth,
Truth is not beauty,
Beauty is not love,
Love is not music
and Music is THE BEST

Playing guitar is like ****ing -- you never forget it.

Most people wouldn't know good music if it came up and bit them in the ass.

There is no hell. There is only France.

A composer is a guy who goes around forcing his will on
unsuspecting air molecules,often with the assistence of
unsuspecting musicians.

Frank Zappa
Frank Zappa was so wise...
here, pressing the button that says "Gi din stemme" and then connecting to facebook! Thanks a lot!
Quote by Scorzerci
Frank Zappa was so wise...

I don't know why, but when I read that I couldn't help but think of the part in Anchorman where Ron says to Baxter "You're so wise... you're like a small hairy buddha"

Quote by sheumack111
WTF is it with people bagging Yngwie. Yngwie mite not have being the first shredder but the guy is a pioneer. Most people have seen the stupid lame things people put on youtube and stuff and people have seen him on the G3 concerts and people make judgements on his personality. Yeah the guy can be a bit full of himself, but i bet if any one of you guys were half as good as him you would be and ego-maniac 10X worse then Yngwie. Yngwie is a legend and is one of the worlds most skilled shredders. He plays with more feeling then any other shredder, most people will disagree with me saying this but sorry, Yngwie does play with tons of skill, its just most people are too slow to appreciate it.

Some people are just fun, and easy, to make fun of. It doesn't mean that we dislike him for the most part, just having jolly fun.
I have nothing to put in here.
yeah, like that vid where he "claimed" to teach God how to play guitar

even tho he's one of my biggest (actually THE biggest) influences, I still found that hilarious...
Quote by Tom Martin
I don't know why, but when I read that I couldn't help but think of the part in Anchorman where Ron says to Baxter "You're so wise... you're like a small hairy buddha"

Quote by Resiliance

I do realize that. To which quote(s) were you referring Resi??
The Becker one. For me it's too cliché to be inspiring. It's like something you'd find at the end of some big hollywood blockbuster film with lydian music playing. I prefer it with a little more bite. But hey, that's just me.

Click.
Page 1 of 2