'sup everybody,
I've been playing now (accoustic)guitar for about 1 year . Going pretty well .
But i wanna have an electric guitar to play along with my favourite songs.
i was thinking about a Fender standard stratocaster...
Anybody any other suggestions. cuz i really don't know what guitar is good for a uhm "semi-beginner"

greetz peace out .
whats your price range? lets start there and then we can recommend some guitars.
Youve been............ THUNDERSTRUCK!!!!!!!!!
yup i would say get a fender standard hss strat. its probably one of the most versatile guitars in its price range
My Rig
>MIM Fender Stratocaster and SX SJM-62
>various magicial noise boxes
>Peavey Classic 50 212

For the funk:
>Ibanez ATK300
>Acoustic B100
dont forget to set aside some money for an amp as well. my recommandations will be the vox valvetronix series or the roland cube series
if u play metal-roland cube
everything else- vox( the vox valvetronix is an all round amp but its weak in the metal area)
Also for guitars i'd say fender standard strat or epiphone les paul standard plain top-both $400USD
A Fender Standard Fat Strat would be good, and versatile too.

Amp wise, I think Cubes are a bit crap. If you want versatility, go for a Vox Valvetronix series.

What kind of music would you want to play?
A dwarf might hear you. What then?

My Music
well, since your from belgium , I'd pay a visit to Piens in Deinze and test guitars over there, but don't buy them there ( way overpriced).

And if you picked a guitar that suits you go look at some local shops for cheaper prices.
Orange Enthousiast.
Quote by red star
yup i would say get a fender standard hss strat. its probably one of the most versatile guitars in its price range

Quote by Joey Walker
Quote by anaoshak
look at all those knobs, he must have a mean tone.

Bottle caps buddy, they are bottle caps

Quote by Shib
The internet: Men are men, women are men and little girls are FBI agents.
wow thanks for all the responses,
well my price range is between 500 and 700 euros -> something like about 630 to 890 $
or anything below ofcourse. Just thinkingis the fender strat really one of the best for beginners or are there any better things not like a les paul but maybe something only known by "the insiders" or something
ow btw i like to play all kinds of rock, from nirvana to red hot chili peppers etc.. you know , the usual
Strats are great for a first electric because they can do alot e.g. whammy bar, 3 pick-ups 5 different settings all the bollox a semi-beginner should learn on electric
Quote by akack
We beat you 6-0 you stupid mother ****er.

"Nobody likes an unkempt shrubbery - The monty Python appreciation society"
yeh hss strat (i presume you know that means Humbucker in bridge, single in mid , single in neck, just in case ), and a vox valvetronix. I love my AD 50Vt, but something smaller for you, 15 or 30 i think...
Why did Pat Metheney cross the road? He didn't, his hair got in the way
--
Member #1 of Ibanez > You club. PM me to join