I've been browsing around for guitars recently and im on a tight budget...

I've come across two Epiphone Les Paul models, 'Epiphone Les Paul Junior' at £129 and 'Epiphone Les Paul Special II' at £109.

Can anyone tell me the difference between these two models and the original LP and tell me if they are any good??? If they're not any good, can you recomend a decent guitar under about £200 (i know there arnt many (if any) but it's all i can currently afford )

I can't tell you what amp i've got if your wondering cos it bust earlier this evening so im guna have to replace that 1st....

Thanks
agreed.
Fender American Deluxe Ash Stratocaster (2000)
Fender Classic Player 60's Stratocaster
Marshall JCM900 100w head & 4x12 cab

Korg DT-10 Tuner; Boss DD-3 Digital Delay; Jim Dunlop JH-1B Wah; Boss RT-20 Rotary Ensemble; MXR EVH Phase 90.
Quote by chinospike
i got the Epiphone Les Paul Junior and i still got it after 2 years and its great

Is it any good for playin pop/punk and punk on???
ok, thanks, i think i may look into buying one of these now...

anyone suggest a good amp to 'compliment' the LP ???

will need to get a new amp asap!!
don't forget to check ebay. you can get amazing deals on all sorts of guitars on there.

you can probably get an epi standard new in the box off there for 300 bucks ez.
Quote by deg0ey
The best pickups for emo are no pickups at all...

Gear:

1996 Les Paul Classic w/ Alnico II's
Marshall Jubilee 2550
Vox V847 Wah
Assorted pedals
Quote by TimeIzRuninOut!
ok, thanks, i think i may look into buying one of these now...

anyone suggest a good amp to 'compliment' the LP ???

will need to get a new amp asap!!

do yourself a favor....don't settle for a POS amp just because your a beginner. it'll just cost you more money in the long run...save up 400-500 dollars and get a vox or a used 30w tube marshall combo...or a traynor.

DO NOT buy anything that says crate, line 6, or any marshall that doesn't have tubes.
Quote by deg0ey
The best pickups for emo are no pickups at all...

Gear:

1996 Les Paul Classic w/ Alnico II's
Marshall Jubilee 2550
Vox V847 Wah
Assorted pedals
i reaay love tube amps just cause ther great for blues and control your metal needs also.

Get a reverb if you have some cash man.
I will save up for an amp first, im not goin to rush into buying something crap.

A new amp was on my list of things to buy, after the guitar as my current amp (before it broke) would've done until i got the cash for a better one....

is eBay a good source for deals on amps????
Quote by lokimlin
i reaay love tube amps just cause ther great for blues and control your metal needs also.

Get a reverb if you have some cash man.

I am still a beginner (ish, as i havn't learnt much since i began playing spec-wise), but am i an idiot for not knowing what u mean by 'tube amps'???

can someone please explain this to me!!!?

Thanks