this dude that i hang out with in the summer left a rickenbacker bass at my house. he left town and i called him and he said keep it till next year.

its one of the classic rickenbackers, its an orignal made in late 60s, withy the surrond pick up
Member of the Frank Zappa Fan Club, PM deadhead313313

People Wouldn't know good music if it hit them in face
- Frank Zappa

Gear:
Carvin CT3
Digitech GNX3
Peavey Classic 30
I would give so much to have that bass...
“There’s only two ways to sum up music; either it’s good or it’s bad. If it’s good you don’t mess about it, you just enjoy it.” - Louie Armstrong
sounds awesome! post a pic of it.
"There are millions of people in the world, and none of those people are an extra. They're all leads in their own stories."
<//////>~
i would if i didnt break my phone, but to give you an idea...
its a black semi hollow (i think), rickenbacker with the surrounding pickup

does anyone know how much they are worth, i apoligize for my ignorance on such a great bass, i dont even play bass

- Frank Zappa

Gear:
Carvin CT3
Digitech GNX3
Peavey Classic 30
It's pretty much worthless, you oughtta just give it to me.
of the Godlike, Archaic, But Sexy Instrument Players. PM kmbuchamushroom to join.

Member #4 of the Truthiness Club, PM Zeppelin08 to defend all things truthiness.
It's not hollow. You could pry sell it for the $3000-ish mark if it's in good shape. Does it have dot or triangle inlays?

Yeah, 60's Ricky's sell for a lot. The 70's ones you can buy on Ebay for the same price as a new 4003.

BTW, if it is in fact from the 60's, yours is the model 4001 bass, with stereo outputs (one for each pickup). You can send the treble to one amp and the bass to another (and if you do, you should probably mike the treble and DI the bass- this makes for less string noise).

Man, you are lucky. Ricks are the ****.
yea its triangle inlays and stereo outputs

- Frank Zappa

Gear:
Carvin CT3
Digitech GNX3
Peavey Classic 30
GIVE IT TO ME!!! :p
And post some pictures of it!
Schecterman's Accomplice, of the Schecter Stiletto Players Will Rule The World Club. PM Fett13 or Your41Plague12 to join.

EQ:
Schecter Stiletto Extreme 5
Yamaha RBX170
Quote by truckster
if i remember rite one of the greatest basses of all time used one. Mr. CLIFF BURTON

except Cliff's was so modded it sounded nothing like a Rickenbacker. Mr. Chris Squire, Mr. Larry Graham (it happened before he got his customs, sir. A Ricky can slap, a-thankyou), Mr. Paul McCartney, Mr. classic Geddy Lee... that's Rickenbacker. lol
Quote by casualty01
the RIAA can't shut us down, interpol can't shut us down. the U.S. gov't can't shut us down and CERTAINLY not YOU can shut us down.

BA in Music theory
MusicMan Bongo, SUB -> Orange Terror 1000 stack

Quote by waterproofpie
it's a UtBDan sandwich. Awwww yeah!
^And not to mention the millions of "modern rock" bassists who are using them almost always. The Vines, The Strokes, even Les Claypool.

That Rick sounds like a true gem. Can you get a good funk sound out of it? Thats the one thing I find a little bit harder to get out of Ricks. They have a very percision-bassy sort of tone, and it is a very distinctive tone at that.

Dictator For Life of the fIREHOSE fANCLUB. PM Me, Tedrick, or Yertle to join.
Quote by UtBDan
except Cliff's was so modded it sounded nothing like a Rickenbacker. Mr. Chris Squire, Mr. Larry Graham (it happened before he got his customs, sir. A Ricky can slap, a-thankyou), Mr. Paul McCartney, Mr. classic Geddy Lee... that's Rickenbacker. lol

I may be wrong but I think/fairly cirtain that Cliff Burton used a 1970/1? 4001 Fireglow, through a Morley 20dB boost wah, Big Muff Pi Guitar distortion, and a 2x15 cab. HIs didnt have the wraparound horseshoe pickups either.

~Roger

......his rickenbacker may have been newer than that, I remember looking through a ric book, and the binding on the basses ealier than 74 (i think) had a checkered pattern on them. whilst mine and mr. burtons basses dont...its something that I've been confused on for sometime, cause either everyone is lying about the year of my bass and burtons bass, or that book was wrong. hmmm. any info would be great.
www.myspace.com/boisebass <- slap demo
MSN = Fox_NP

GIGRIG
Mesa Titan V12, Ampeg 8x10E, Korg DTR2000, Sennheiser freePORT Wireless.

BASSES
'74 RickenMonster, Fernandes Retrospect Deluxe, ABG.
thanks for the help, no i know what kind of a gem i have on my hands. Im afraid the strings are also from the early 70s/ lates 60s, but im getting some good strings on soon to do the bass justice.

another question, theres 2 outputs. How does that work?

- Frank Zappa

Gear:
Carvin CT3
Digitech GNX3
Peavey Classic 30
Quote by RHDIII
this dude that i hang out with in the summer left a rickenbacker bass at my house. he left town and i called him and he said keep it till next year.

its one of the classic rickenbackers, its an orignal made in late 60s, withy the surrond pick up

is this the one?

Model 4005 Bass
1965-1984, New style double cut hollowbody, 2 p-ups, "R" tailpiece, cresting wave headstock. the pick-up is called, a horseshoe pick-up. if it has a white stripe of binding, around the body, it is a 4005 WB
1966 Fireglo - $4,000-$5,000
1967 Mapleglo - $4,200-$5,000
1968 Black - $3,500-$5,000
1970-1979 Various colors - $2,000-$3,000

for the WB model add $500.

nice bass!
thanks tahts what i was looking for

- Frank Zappa

Gear:
Carvin CT3
Digitech GNX3
Peavey Classic 30
Hi jetglow here I come across a 4001 bass with a old pickup on the trb one it has flat
four not like the 70s one any one ever see the old ones like Yes bass C.Q the horseshoe pickup but it is not on the right bass the pickup looks like a sigle musicman bass one you can see the four metils coles no plastc over them only the trb pick up any one?
This is a necropost, sorry. You need to make this as a separate thread.

I appreciate the search skills though. Go ahead and open up your own thread and I'll close this one down.