I am not sure if this belongs in this section, but what the hell.

I just recently purchased an Ibanez EX370FM, and I am having a slight problem with the Tremolo. The guy that I bought it from said that it was an Original Edge, I am not sure if that is exactly what it is since all of my research on those guitars show that they come with a gold Lo Pro trem. Mine is black and doesn't seem to be the tremolo that originally came on the guitar, according to Official Ibanez Magazines from that time. Anyway, onto the problem. When I hit the whammy bar to a lower note, I have to bump the bar up when I release it or it won't go back to the correct pitch.

It seems that the front of the bridge is snug with the body of the guitar, and is possibly catching when the bridge returns to the normal position. My question is; Do you think that the bridge is catching on the inside cavity of the guitar, or is it a different problem?

I have been playing for 6 years now, but this is my first guitar with a Floating Tremolo and after looking for several hours online, and not finding any info that seems to help.. I thought I would try here and see if I could get a response.

Thanks in advance and I hope I explained that well enough.
"I slept with faith and found a corpse in my arms on awakening; I drank and danced all night with doubt and found her a virgin in the morning" Aleister Crowley
Quote by Gods Betrayal
I am not sure if this belongs in this section, but what the hell.

I just recently purchased an Ibanez EX370FM, and I am having a slight problem with the Tremolo. The guy that I bought it from said that it was an Original Edge, I am not sure if that is exactly what it is since all of my research on those guitars show that they come with a gold Lo Pro trem. Mine is black and doesn't seem to be the tremolo that originally came on the guitar, according to Official Ibanez Magazines from that time. Anyway, onto the problem. When I hit the whammy bar to a lower note, I have to bump the bar up when I release it or it won't go back to the correct pitch.

It seems that the front of the bridge is snug with the body of the guitar, and is possibly catching when the bridge returns to the normal position. My question is; Do you think that the bridge is catching on the inside cavity of the guitar, or is it a different problem?

I have been playing for 6 years now, but this is my first guitar with a Floating Tremolo and after looking for several hours online, and not finding any info that seems to help.. I thought I would try here and see if I could get a response.

Thanks in advance and I hope I explained that well enough.

Well, I hate trembolos, They are a pain in the ass, um, it sounds like the dealer was right, but still, it also sounds like you need to do some adjusting....iunno what the parts are, i'll look it up
Gear:
Gibson LP
Marshall
DF-7 Foot Peddle
I agree with the dude aboce. Floating tremelos are a pain, and i don't know how to help you with your problem. But if you didn't buy the guitar for the floating tremelo bridge, you could always have the tremelo blocked off so its like a normal bridge.
Well, I would like to keep the Floating Trem, as it is one of the reasons as to why I bought the guitar. Thanks for the responses though
"I slept with faith and found a corpse in my arms on awakening; I drank and danced all night with doubt and found her a virgin in the morning" Aleister Crowley
^ answer that

Well, try lubricating the term posts with lipbalm/chapstick, it shuold vastly improve the return-back of the trem. If that doesnt work, change the strings and springs' combination setup. If that doesnt work either you have to change your springs.

Also, make sure that your string locker and your nut-lock is really tight, this is to make sure that your string wont slip when you're up-pulling. Repost if problem persist.
"Play with your ears" - Yngwie Malmsteen, Paul Gilbert
Thats what she said...
UGmusic
Quote by madpickin03
^ answer that

Well, try lubricating the term posts with lipbalm/chapstick, it shuold vastly improve the return-back of the trem. If that doesnt work, change the strings and springs' combination setup. If that doesnt work either you have to change your springs.

Also, make sure that your string locker and your nut-lock is really tight, this is to make sure that your string wont slip when you're up-pulling. Repost if problem persist.

He's got the info I looked up XD Do what he said XD
Gear:
Gibson LP
Marshall
DF-7 Foot Peddle
Quote by azn_guitarist25
is the trem parallel to the body?

Yes, it is. As for the other stuff, I will try the lip balm and see if it helps any. Thanks
yeh i dont think there is a way that the trem could be too close to the body in front of it, unless it was terribly installed....might be old springs / too many.
Why did Pat Metheney cross the road? He didn't, his hair got in the way
--
Member #1 of Ibanez > You club. PM me to join