I am going to upgrade from my crappy Mg100 stack and buy a REAL amp soon, I am looking at either a Vox AC30 or mabey a mesa boogie dual rect.( or make suggestions on other mesa amps) my friend has a drz amp and i like it but its really not what i am wanting i am also in concideration for other amps if they are suggested. I play anything from hendrix to clapton to blink 182. I would like it to have alright cleans but good distortion.

austin
any of the marshall tsl or dsl would be good. I have a tsl 122 (2x12 combo, 100 watts) and i like it a lot. Sounds like it would go good with your style.
if your looking to spend that much money on an amp you want awesome cleans and awesome distortion.

The vox would be good, although neither hendrix or clapton use them. I don't know wtf blink 182 use but a mesa is probably a little over the top if all your looking to play is punk and blues.
Quote by Duff_McGee
Masturbate. A lot. Seriously.

<----This is a man
Your choices are an AC30 and a Dual Recto?
Definately do not jump on the Mesa wagon, which it sounds like you're doing since you play Blues. A good choice for your styles would be a Fender Hot Rod or Blues series with an OD maybe for the Blink 182 stuff.
Last edited by El Codyo at Aug 11, 2006,
Quote by El Codyo
Your choices are an AC30 and a Dual Recto?
Definately do not jump on the Mesa wagon, which it sounds like you're doing since you play Blues. A good choice for your styles would be a Fender Hot Rod or Blues series with an OD maybe for the Blink 182 stuff.

well i mean i play a lot of the new stuff also but man i love the mesa and the vox i love the mesas distortion and the voxs cleans but what about the marshalls is it sorda in between? i love my stack watt of 100 but i think playing shows 30 watts isnt going to be enough..... suggestions
send me your mg thru the mail, ill take it off your hands for free.
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
Takamine G340SC
Epiphone G 310
Hendrix and Clapton both used Marshalls, but Clapton now uses Fenders. The Fender Twin is a gorgeous amp that doesn't get as much props as it should.