Whenever i sing, i happend to kind of do it with a bit of an accent. I usually put extra focus on 't's and 'c,k,ch,ck,'s (like, sock, doc, school). Sometimes, i kinda 'imitate' the singing style of Greenwheel's singer. Does anybody else do something like this?
Originally Posted by evening_crow
Quoting yourself is cool.

WARNING: I kill threads.
yeah dude i happen sound kinda british when i sing...its weird ya know but it happns to sme people
Usually when I sing classical, I have a slight british accent. I don't have any accent when I talk.
Muddy Waters Tele - Signed by the members of Canned Heat
PRS Soapbar SE - Signed by Michael Angelo Batio
H&K Statesman Quad EL-84
Dunlop Wah (modded to JH specs)
me and my other guitarist put an american accent sometimes. it ****ing hard not to
Epiphone les paul custom
Epiphone les paul 56' reissue goldtop
Custom Telecaster
Boss ME-50
Digitech flanger
Digitech Hot Head
Marshall MG100DFX

Unmarked P-bass
Johnson J-style
Aria STB jazzbass
Fender Rumble 100
Everyone does something like this when they sing, some people find that when singing certain words they end up singing it in an unusual way.

If you don't like it you can probably tame it since it's all psychological. It's just a matter of practicing those particular sounds. But some people like this and it gives a singer character so it's really personal opinion.
I know what you mean. Like certain power metal songs, for instance, have to have European accents to fit in with the song. Or another example is Chrome Division's singer, he's Norwegian, but when he sings, he sounds American.
i have a slight british accent, but really only on certain words and vowels. dont know why. but i like it.
Try the Vocals sticky in MT.

*CLOSED* (we're trying to consolidate all threads of such manner into that sticky)
Looking for my India/Django.