First of all, let me just say I'm extremely thrilled with what I bought.

After about 6 months of toiling over which guitar to buy, and a ~$1000 budget, I ended up buying an Epi Les Paul Custom, Ebony with Gold hardware, for about $750 after adding a case, stand, and strings. This baby looks so sweet and sounds incredible to boot.

I plan on putting some EMG's in it eventually, but the stock pickups sound pretty damn nice I must say.

Anyway, on to my question. Has anyone here sanded down their neck so it has a smooth finish? I've been used to playing on unfinished guitars, (Ibanez RG320 with the silky smooth neck, and Martin D-15 with no finish at all).

The LP is very lacquered, is it possible to sand it down to get that same smooth finish or would that ruin my guitar?

Just wondering...thanks!

Pic of guitar forthcoming...
Martin D-15 || Epiphone Les Paul Custom (Black w/ Gold HW)
Ibanez RG320 (Dark Silver) || Digitech RP50 || Mbox2 || Yamaha HS50M's
Ibanez Smash Box || Danelectro Danecho || Modded Crybaby
Peavey Bandit 112 Transtube
And More!...
I've seen people do that, I dont think it would do any damage as long as you didnt sand that much
Quote by King ofKumbucha
What is plexi? Do you mean a guitar made out of plexiglass?
And here's a pic for showoff purposes ...

And More!...
^lookin good man
Quote by King ofKumbucha
Good job dude :cheers. I saw that at a local Guitar store for like 1300$,so u really got a bargain.Maybe one of the only EPi's id buy.
Quote by sitheris
And here's a pic for showoff purposes ...

I see Halo and prince of persia on your game rack.

edit: whoa nice guitar
Quote by Mattga
Good job dude :cheers. I saw that at a local Guitar store for like 1300$,so u really got a bargain.Maybe one of the only EPi's id buy.

Yeah, I had my eyes on a Gibson initially but then I realized I don't need to be spending 2 grand on a guitar haha.

I bought this at Guitar Center - it has a small flaw in the finish on the back of the guitar so I was able to talk down the price of the case by $20.

Guitar was $600, case was $85, also got some strings and a stand
And More!...
Quote by c0ld_3mphasis05
I see Halo and prince of persia on your game rack.

edit: whoa nice guitar

It's funny cos he didn't edit it.

But yeah, sanding down you neck will be cool. I know one of the Beatles did that with the body of his guitar.
lol he prob didnt, but if you edit it like just a few seconds after you posted it, it wont say it was edited, I do that sometimes when I make like a typo I dont see or somethin

lol its funny cause I actually just did that for this post, this sentence wasnt originally on here
Quote by King ofKumbucha
Quote by Mattga

maybe it was one of the elitst models?
Quote by xsynysterx06
adio_stack...i love you.
im not homo..

Quote by RideTheAnger13
lmao, omg, Adio, you have the best avatar known to man!
Nice guitar, and yes, sanding down the back of your neck should be fine, just don't use to harsh a sandpaper/steel wool or whatever, i've done it to both my guitars and it feels nice.
ive had the same problem, so I used a real fine steel wool, just enough to take the shine off, and now its smooth as silk . Dont sand to the point where you remove the color, just the glossy finish and youll be fine. make sure you go up and down the neck from head stock to body and not the other direction.