Hey,
Does the Twin Reverb have a lead boost ability? Such as a second channel at a louder volume. My friends selling me one, and I need to know whether I need seperate pedal, such as the MXR micro amp.

Also, because of this financial setback, anyone know whether its possible to self repair a DD-2, or some good cheap delays? (Right now im looking at the Ibanez DL-7) Id really like an analog delay, but as it stands, I just dont have the money.
All you need with a Twin is a Tubescreamer or a MJM BLues Devil
Amp:
Fender Blues Jr (GH1230 Celestion Speaker)
Pedals
Barber DD
Wilson WH-10 Clone
Ibanez WH10 V2

Pitchblack Tuner
Boss DD-3
Guitars: 06' Custom Fender Strat Lindy Fralin Blues Specials, Callaham Tremolo
09' Olympic White Stratocaster
Hhmmm, thanks for the response, but I have to disagree. Playing purely blues, yes thats a good setup. But for what Im playing, thats not nearly enough. I need a delay and if theres not two channels, I need a lead boost as well.
There are two channels, but not in the clean/lead type configuration. I have a '65 re-issue and the two channels are Normal & Vibrato. The Vibrato channel is essentially the reverb effect. There is no significant difference in volume output from either, although it seems that the Vibrato channel may be a bit louder. That being said, it's very difficult to push this amp into overdrive at anywhere close to tolerable volumes, even for fairly large venues. It's a very clean and warm tone, that's how the amp is designed. You will definitely need a pedal or some other outboard signal processor if you want distorted tones. I use a GNX4 with it and it works like a charm.
You can not switch channels on a twin reverb without buying an A/B box which basicly lets you switch between amps because you plug three chords into it, one from your guitar and two going out. When you step on the switch, it will switch between outputs. Regardless Iw ould not consider either channel on the Twin to be more of a lead, though the vibrato channel does as its name clames.

For a lead boost you should buy a pedal. Look into Ibanez Tube Screamer or Maxon. Both are your traditional overdrive/boost pedal.

What are you going to be playing?
Quote by RHCP94
It's an option for the "Which one of E Daws parents are uglier?" thread.
Quote by E Daws
You can not switch channels on a twin reverb without buying an A/B box which basicly lets you switch between amps because you plug three chords into it, one from your guitar and two going out. When you step on the switch, it will switch between outputs. Regardless Iw ould not consider either channel on the Twin to be more of a lead, though the vibrato channel does as its name clames.

For a lead boost you should buy a pedal. Look into Ibanez Tube Screamer or Maxon. Both are your traditional overdrive/boost pedal.

What are you going to be playing?

The Twins come with a footswitch to change between normal/vibrato.
Maybe a Fulltone mini deja-vibe
Amp:
Fender Blues Jr (GH1230 Celestion Speaker)
Pedals
Barber DD
Wilson WH-10 Clone
Ibanez WH10 V2

Pitchblack Tuner
Boss DD-3
Guitars: 06' Custom Fender Strat Lindy Fralin Blues Specials, Callaham Tremolo
09' Olympic White Stratocaster
Quote by darrenhigh
The Twins come with a footswitch to change between normal/vibrato.

I thought the footswitch would just turn the vibrato on and off when youw ere plugged into the vibrato channel. But I haven't used one for about a week and that was a '69, so you're probably right. My mistake.
Quote by RHCP94
Quote by E Daws
I thought the footswitch would just turn the vibrato on and off when youw ere plugged into the vibrato channel. But I haven't used one for about a week and that was a '69, so you're probably right. My mistake.

Actually it was more my mistake in that I probably gave the wrong impression. I meant that you can effectively change from either vibrato/reverb to normal, but you're absolutely correct in that you really don't have a lead channel in either case because it's nearly impossible to overdrive the amp.

The '65 re-issue has a pedal that lets you turn the vibrato or reverb on and off, but it's not really a channel changer like and a/b switch would be. I personally never use the pedal, opting to use a GNX4 for any effects I need and otherwise running the amp clean.
^Thank you for clearing that up. I wasn't so sure myself.

Are you sure you should not be looking into a different amp? Do not get me wrong. I think the Twin Reverb is an amazing amp and would love to have one in my collection, however it is a very clean amp. It sounds like it may be a bit to clean for you.

As far as fixing your Digital Delay, you could probably do it if you know what was wrong. I would suggest posting about it in the Gear Building & Customizing section. Maybe you could replace the broken part with something better.
Quote by RHCP94
Hey,
I was away for the weekend, but wow, thanks for all the help.

Oh, and to those who asked:
I love the tone of John Frusciante (although Im not trying to replicate it). Id love a good clean tone, but Id also like the ability to add distortion (by way of a pedal).
Does anyone also know whether the Big Muff sounds good on the Twin reverb?

I currently have a VOx ad50, so the twins definitely a step up.