Hey all,

Today while I was wondering around a store I found a used jap strat for just shy of $700 (about $530 US). Having said amount of money to spend I am thinking about purchasing this guitar, but a few questions.

First I hear that MIJ Fenders are of good quality, is this true? Secondly are there any special things I need to take into consideration when trying out a used and old guitar. Thirdly it has had a picup change it how runs S/S/S all emgs, is this a good thing or should I check it out or consider a pup change?

I play bits of everything and want something pretty versitaile to add to my collection, my current amp is a **** box but I am getting a tube amp for my birthday soon.

Thanks for any help.
Ive heard MIJ strats rival MIA strats, and Ive actually had the oppurtunity of playing one myself. Albeit, it was old and a bit rusted, but it played really well. As the for the pickups, I couldnt say, sorry.
Quote by TheNoseBleedKid

First I hear that MIJ Fenders are of good quality, is this true? Heck yes, when properly set up.

Secondly are there any special things I need to take into consideration when trying out a used and old guitar? Set up, action, faulty pots and pickup switches, FEEL is the most important IMO.

Thirdly it has had a picup change it how runs S/S/S all emgs, is this a good thing or should I check it out or consider a pup change?
EMGs are good, try them through your setup. if you dont like them sell them and use the money and get something else

I play bits of everything and want something pretty versitaile to add to my collection, my current amp is a **** box but I am getting a tube amp for my birthday soon.

Thanks for any help.

enjoy
Ovation Celebrity
MIJ STRAT
Ibanez Prestige S1220WNF
modded Ibanez GAX75
Fender tuner-DIGITECH EX-7-BOSS SD1-Ibanez CF7-Tech 21 TM 60
(LOOP)Boss DD20(Loop)
My soundclick page