i've been thinking of getting a ibanez sz or a schecter c-1, but i need some help on this. witch ones better? i've played thew ibanez, but havent played the schecter. i play heavey metal, punk and hard rock if that helps. thanks
Schecter, i have a schecter i've played other types of schecters their amazing guitars for metal and hard rock. I dont play punk so i wouldnt know. But schecters are amazing.
Quote by BigFatSandwich
it took you 15 consecutive hours of practice to realize that playing guitar makes you better at playing guitar. congratulations.

Quote by snowbert
SMOKE UN-DER WATER!!!

Schecters are nice but don't buy anything without playing it and comparing it to the ibanez.
Quote by BeefWellington

what's the point in being "philiosophical"?

Interesting question...
vornik, is the c-1 any good? i mean alot of people here on ug use them, so figured it had to be decent
Quote by AgentWiggles
Thanks, douche.

Quote by SlayingDragons
Dude...

Gear:
Ibanez SZ 520QM
Ibanez RG 450DXB
Fender Big Apple Stratocaster
Pod XT Live
Peavey XXX Half Stack
Peavey Bandit 112
and a soul of Rock n' Roll
I personally would get the Schecter, for metal at least. I have no clue about punk, though.
All of the C-1's I've played have been great, Elite, Plus, and Classic are all good. IMHO.
what about the blackjack? is that one any good?
Quote by AgentWiggles
Thanks, douche.

Quote by SlayingDragons
Dude...

Gear:
Ibanez SZ 520QM
Ibanez RG 450DXB
Pod XT Live
Peavey XXX Half Stack
Peavey Bandit 112
i was thinking about either the blackjack or the elite
Quote by AgentWiggles
Thanks, douche.

Quote by SlayingDragons
Dude...

Gear:
Ibanez SZ 520QM
Ibanez RG 450DXB
Pod XT Live
Peavey XXX Half Stack
Peavey Bandit 112
I recommend the plus and elite over the blackjack, even though it doesn't seem to make sense, 2 schecter models can have all the same specs or one will have better pickups and the other will still sound better, its weird. My friend has a crazy ear for tone and he says the elite sounds the best out of those three, with the plus very close behind, and the blackjack in the back. They are all still great though, and you can catch the plus up to the elite easily with a pup change (you probably would eventually anyways)

And I think the superior looks of the plus are way worth the slight tone loss, besides the fact that everyone has different tastes in tone, so I could possibly disagree with him after hearing them side by side for myself.
what about the black elite with the white binding?
Quote by AgentWiggles
Thanks, douche.

Quote by SlayingDragons
Dude...

Gear:
Ibanez SZ 520QM
Ibanez RG 450DXB
Pod XT Live
Peavey XXX Half Stack
Peavey Bandit 112
It looks ok, my bands guitarist has one, but check out the black cherry plus.
I'd personally like to get a white Elite with and EMG 81/85 set. Man that would be sick!
ok so is the pluses tone loss from actually noticable?
Quote by AgentWiggles
Thanks, douche.

Quote by SlayingDragons
Dude...

Gear:
Ibanez SZ 520QM
Ibanez RG 450DXB
Pod XT Live
Peavey XXX Half Stack
Peavey Bandit 112
also, i have no idea about emgs, could some one enlighten me?
Quote by AgentWiggles
Thanks, douche.

Quote by SlayingDragons
Dude...

Gear:
Ibanez SZ 520QM
Ibanez RG 450DXB
Pod XT Live
Peavey XXX Half Stack
Peavey Bandit 112
I dont know, I think my friend said that, but he is ridiculous about stuff like that, you can't even enjoy jamming with him because he's so picky about being PERFECTLY in tune at ALL TIMES lol. Most people probably wouldn't notice, and if you did, its probably just ever so slightly different, not necessarily worse.

Also, schecter hellraiser c-1s come with emgs, which are basically pickups with great reputations for metal and similar genres, so if you've got the extra cash and care about that, you might consider that one, but the plus should be all you need if you aren't strictly into heavier music and you won't lose as much moola if you ever decide to change pickups.
Hey man, don't get me wrong, though. The Elite sounds fine with stock pups. I'm just saying what I'd like to do.
The blackjack seems to be the best for the money, its got all the good electronics, wood and construction of the higher end C-1s, just without the looks.
Carvin DC127+Custom Lacewood Build+Godin SD--->Traynor YCV50BLUE

My Build IT'S DONE!
are the stock pickups good on the c-1 plus?
Quote by AgentWiggles
Thanks, douche.

Quote by SlayingDragons
Dude...

Gear:
Ibanez SZ 520QM
Ibanez RG 450DXB
Pod XT Live
Peavey XXX Half Stack
Peavey Bandit 112
They are decent. They are duncan designed and not real seymour duncans, some people interpret that as they must sound like crap, but its not true. They are actually decent pickups and do not NEED to be replaced, however, you may want to eventually. But most people eventually experiment with changing pickups, so at least you won't be paying high dollar for pickups you might get rid of at some point anyways, if you decided to change these out, I'm sure you would decide to change out the real duncans as well.

Alright, I'm gonna go to bed, so I hope I helped you out and if you have additional questions, I'm sure someone else can help you out until morning when I may get back on, so good luck deciding and make sure you check out the plus in black cherry, it will blow you away with its beauty!
peace out 1fine69
Quote by AgentWiggles
Thanks, douche.

Quote by SlayingDragons
Dude...

Gear:
Ibanez SZ 520QM
Ibanez RG 450DXB
Pod XT Live
Peavey XXX Half Stack
Peavey Bandit 112