today that has been sitting around unused for at least 7-8 years in bad conditions. It needs cleaned up pretty bad. When I turned it on, it was playing music, but I have no idea where it was picking up a signal and playing it over the speakers. Any suggestions on how to resolve this?
was it picking up radio stations? i've heard of amps that do this, but don't remember the cause, or solution, so i'll go look it up. try putting it somewhere else in the room, or using different power supplies etc...
Quote by Dave_Mc
how do those marshall handles compare tonewise to, say, mesa handles?

Owns a Blackheart Little Giant...
any unshielded wires can act as an antennae. This could be your cables, one of your fx boxes, the guitar wiring, amp wiring, etc. Try moveing it to a different location and see if it still does it.
"The fool doth think he is wise, but the wiseman knows himself to be a fool." - W.S.
amp clips
amp vids
I'll try all of that and see if it helps. The worst part is I couldn't find a radio on in the house as to where in the hell the source was to begin with.
Quote by forgop
I'll try all of that and see if it helps. The worst part is I couldn't find a radio on in the house as to where in the hell the source was to begin with.

The Magical radio station in the sky.

Basically, it picked up radio waves.
A dwarf might hear you. What then?

My Music
damn radios.

hey timi hows the venom?
I R tr00 Member of UG's Gain \/\/hores - don't pm gpderek09 to join unless you are truly worthy
www.purevolume.com/mordecaiaus
Quote by xifr
There is the possibility that I may have or may or may not have gone or not gone into the danger zone.

Quote by lespaulmarshall
I love you Joel