Does anyone have any experience with these pedals? I heard In Flames used these and I kinda want that sound, You know from the Jester Race CD. Thanks
if your talking about the Boss Metal Zone then yea its a great pedal I use one in my band. it makes a lot of distortion and will create lotsa feedback but its really good.. i love it
I have the combo version of your amp. I don't really use it anymore that much anymore, but I had the MT2 and it sounded really good when I used my Les Paul with it. I could get some really good squeels with it.
the pedal gives out rippin metal tone i use one it sounds great boss rules, but one question, by would you put a emg hz in a squier bullet?
Sex is good
Sex is fine
Doggy Style & 69
Just for fun
Or gettin paid
Everyone likes gettin laid
i used to have one a while back. it was a great pedal but just wasn't the sound i was looking for
I heard for Jester Race, In Flames Used Marshall 8100 heads with a Boss Metal Zone, But I could be wrong.

I put EMG HZ's in my Bullet because I got them from a friend and I thought It'd be cool. I also thought I was the only guitar I'd have for a while. I guess thats why I also repainted it Chevy Yellow......
Dude...the MT-2 isnt a good pedal. at all... its thin, fizzy, and has way too much gain but yet if you turn the gain down it sounds even worse.
Quote by iSHREDonGUITAR
it makes a lot of distortion and will create lotsa feedback

which is why its so bad. Trust me man, those heavy death metal bands or whatever metal bands you all know and love dont use all that much distortion. Feedback isnt good...its just extra noise that makes everything mooshed up.

And especially with that Fender amp it will sound even MORE thin and buzzy and noisy.

[edit] the only thing the MT-2 is good for is hiding a player's mistakes behind a wall of crappy distortion. IMO.
I happen to be in the same band as JagStang and I was also thinking about getting the Metal Zone
Guitars:
Dean DOA ML 04 #31/50 w/ Dimarzios
Dean ML Knight w/ EMG's
Dean Avalanche w/ EMG's
Jackson DXMGT w/ EMG's
Ibanez RG350M w/ Dimarzios
Ibanez RG7321 w/ Dimarzios
Ibanez V Blade w/ Dimarzios
Amps:
Marshall 8100 w/ Marshall Cab
^ oh God please not through an MG though. An MT-2 through an awesome amp sounds almost decent....ALMOST. But an MT-2 through an amp like an MG (no offense lol) its like...like...nails on a chalkboard.

[edit] Actually dont listen to me at all. If you like an MT-2...cool. I just happen to be the #1 hater of pedals like that. Though what Im saying is in no way biased.

The love/hate ratio is 50:50. Youd have to go try it out.
I respect that
Guitars:
Dean DOA ML 04 #31/50 w/ Dimarzios
Dean ML Knight w/ EMG's
Dean Avalanche w/ EMG's
Jackson DXMGT w/ EMG's
Ibanez RG350M w/ Dimarzios
Ibanez RG7321 w/ Dimarzios
Ibanez V Blade w/ Dimarzios
Amps:
Marshall 8100 w/ Marshall Cab
If you are set on an MT-2, try and find a used Keeley modded MT-2 on eBay. It's a very nice improvement on the pedal IMO.
"The fool doth think he is wise, but the wiseman knows himself to be a fool." - W.S.
amp clips
amp vids