This is my attempt at the guitar solo to Wicked End by Avenged Sevenfold, It's kinda sloppy and I just learned how to sweep pick so the sweep picking part is a work in progress. The time is also off in places but as i said its just an attempt. A better version will be posted soon hopefully.

http://fridzeppelin.dmusic.com/

please crit
Last edited by fridzeppelin at Aug 13, 2006,
Nice Job, one thing you could work on is to make the notes sound more...... like..... whole.....im not sure exactly what im trying to say....its something i kno i wouldnt be able to play and its very well done but it just seems like the notes are hit too fast like you sped the song up or something like that, its really inconspicuous to notice. But again really good job.

Check out my covers here : https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=412634
It's pretty damn good you just need to keep practicing and get really precise with those bends...

Practice the sweep incredibly slow, the speed comes naturally and by letting it come that way you'll find it sounds much much better - natural in short.

I'll give you a 6/10 for that, good one, keep working.
*shrugs* I don't know...
dude I love it, im an a7x fan myself it's nice to see somone doing stuff other than unholy or chap 4. all you need to do is just tighten it up a little and your gold.

btw what guitar, amp, setup are you using?, I love the tone.
Schecter C-1-XXX - Seymour Duncan Jazz/Invader
Schecter A-1 - EMG 81/81
Schecter S-1 - EMG 81/85
Titan Custom Fernandes Ravelle Style

Peavy G-150
Line 6 Spider II 30

Line 6 Constrictor
Digitech Death Metal Distortion
Dunlop Crybaby
thanks everybody, i did rush it a little. When I get more time i'll try and record a better one. thanks

Quote by Bass90
dude I love it, im an a7x fan myself it's nice to see somone doing stuff other than unholy or chap 4. all you need to do is just tighten it up a little and your gold.

btw what guitar, amp, setup are you using?, I love the tone.

I use a Schecter gryhpon and a crate 15 watt amp and I record straight into my computer.
not too bad! a few mistakes here and there but it was pretty good. yeah just keep practicing those sweep licks slow and then gradually speed up. that is an awesome solo and you did a pretty good job on it. nice work
Quote by XoP
not too bad! a few mistakes here and there but it was pretty good. yeah just keep practicing those sweep licks slow and then gradually speed up. that is an awesome solo and you did a pretty good job on it. nice work

Thanks, I did just learn how to sweep pick, but yeah i'll keep practicing on it. I'll record a better one sometime.
I uploaded a new version. It has the same guitar solo, but I added part of the interlude, i played one part on my guitar and two parts on my keyboard.
i wish i could sweep pick like that
Epi Les Paul w EMG 81/85
Westone Dimension IV
Crate XT120R

your metallica covers receive iron_maiden97's official "Good Cover Seal"

SAY WHO GIVES A F**K!!!
Last edited by Kizashmir at Aug 14, 2006,