what do you think i should get? i want maybe like a head and cabinet kinda thing
ya it does
Left Jab, Right hook, Then I knocked him out I hate player haters so I pissed in his mouth
i play like metal, classic rock, and blues. and i have a schecter gryphon (its like a c1 and omen combined)
it just kepts gettin better
Left Jab, Right hook, Then I knocked him out I hate player haters so I pissed in his mouth
Well, I can already tell that you're not the sharpest tool in the shed, and I know for a fact that you won't take my advice, and you will probably end up with some solid state piece of shlt, but whatever. I'll try.

Lets see. A good amp that covers all those bases for 600 huh...

Well, you won't get a really good one if you buy new, that's for sure. Now used? Yep, you can, you just need to know where to look and what to look for. Now, I'll tell you what to look for and where to look.

Look on ebay(your best bet, you'll always see them there), your local craigslist, classifieds, whatever.

Look for a Mesa/Boogie .50 Caliber with the graphic EQ.

You won't regret it.
^I'm betting he'll end up with an MG halfstack or a Line 6 Spider halfstack.
My Gear:

Washburn WI14 Electric
Washburn D10s Acoustic
Marshall MG100HDFXR Special Edition
Marshall MG412AR Special Edition

Quote by Danno13
^Xenn is my favorite MG owner EVAR.

Quote by jj1565
^ Xenn fav MG user evar
lol i just started playing guitar a few weeks ago, so yea, im not that sharp..and arent mesa boogies like...really really expensive? (and good) lol. my uncle has one, his costed about 2000
Quote by Xenn99
^I'm betting he'll end up with an MG halfstack or a Line 6 Spider halfstack.

Most definately.
Quote by boopis
lol i just started playing guitar a few weeks ago, so yea, im not that sharp..and arent mesa boogies like...really really expensive? (and good) lol. my uncle has one, his costed about 2000

Yep, but not if you know where to look and what model to look for (older ones).

But um. Yeah, good luck with an amp. Just get a Gorilla or somthing and paypal me the rest of the money.
what model or whatever would you recomend? im on ebay with my credit card out haha, if i can find one around 600 im taking it
Listen to electrik. He knows his sh*t.

And for the love of God, do not buy a solid state halfstack. If a salesperson says he wants to show you any of these:

Line 6 Spider
Marshall MG
Marshall AVT
Crate
Fender Frontman

Just say "I'm not some stupid n00b you can pawn your sh*t amps off on. I want a good amp, and apparently, I won't be buying it from you."
My Gear:

Washburn WI14 Electric
Washburn D10s Acoustic

Quote by Danno13

Quote by jj1565
^ Xenn fav MG user evar
Quote by boopis
thanks, i will definatley consider it

Consider fast, or someone else will definately snag it quick.
Electrik, your mouse pointer is hovering above the "buy it now!" button, isn't it?

My Gear:

Washburn WI14 Electric
Washburn D10s Acoustic

Quote by Danno13

Quote by jj1565
^ Xenn fav MG user evar
do you think that would be good for any gigs (definately thinking ahead lol)
All the time. As long as the seller has good solid positive feedback, and types in good English, there's really no reason to worry.
Last edited by electrik at Aug 12, 2006,
Quote by Xenn99
Electrik, your mouse pointer is hovering above the "buy it now!" button, isn't it?

Yeah, you know I'd probably buy it if I had the cash to spare/didn't just buy a Mark IV.

I've always wanted one of 'em.
im gonna keep searching on ebay for the next few days looking for deals, mainly because i want someone who lives near here so i can pick it up, i want to actually makes sure it works and everything
I really wouldn't bother with that... That basically cuts your chance of getting a good deal on a nice amp by... a lot. And its quite safe to buy without trying first, I'd know, I do it all the time .
sorry to keep bothering you lol, but are orange amps any good?
Depends which ones. Orange tube amps are nice... but wouldn't be a top choice for chugging metal. But if the metal you play is like Black Sabbath, a Rocker[verb] could be right up your alley.

The solid state ones are pretty decent (as far as ss amps go), but I would try hard and get a tube amp, because the difference is just night and day.

That said, you've only been playing for like a few weeks soo..... chances are you won't even know tone when you hear it for a good couple years.
lol true, im actually a piano player .been playing for like 9 years. i dont see many orange amps on ebay though, only the 15w crush, do you know where orange rockers are sold?