does different pickups affect your tone? if it does what pickup should i get to sound like guns and roses?
Yes, they effect your tone. They effect the strength and characteristics of the magnetic field your strings vibrate through. To sound like Guns N Roses, you'll want a Les Paul with medium-high output pickups. I think Slash uses Seymour Duncan Alnico IIs. I may be wrong on that one.
Hi, I'm Peter
I don't think Invaders are articulate enough for the sound you're looking for.
Hi, I'm Peter
Slash does use Allinco II's.
SPAM
Stock Gibson Pickups from a 2005 V, I think they're a 498T and 500T set FS/FT
Duncan Distortion (regular spaced) FS

Looking for: an acoustic, recording gear, or $
Yay Yeah, Alnico II is a much sweeter sounding magnet than ceramic, which is what Invaders are made from. Invaders will just give you a lot of distortion and not a whole hell of a tone.
Hi, I'm Peter
Invaers are cappy. I had Detonators, lower version of Invaders, they are so bassy I had to set my bass at 4 and my highs and mids at 9 and 10 just to get a decent sound. I would not get them. Also they were incredibly muddy an inartticulate. I'm so glad I got them changed to Bill Lawrences.
SPAM
Stock Gibson Pickups from a 2005 V, I think they're a 498T and 500T set FS/FT
Duncan Distortion (regular spaced) FS

Looking for: an acoustic, recording gear, or $
Quote by Dirk Gently
Yay Yeah, Alnico II is a much sweeter sounding magnet than ceramic, which is what Invaders are made from. Invaders will just give you a lot of distortion and not a whole hell of a tone.

will it affect your tone even with huge distortion?
Quote by newbie-me
will it affect your tone even with huge distortion?

can some body answer my question