Hey UG , well after being in a two guitar neo classical band that frankly didnt interested me , me and my friend are creating a new band with just one guitar.We found it hard to think of any one guitar bands or people(obviously , Hendrix , Zeppelin,Sabbth,Purple).But i just wondered if u guys knew any more?

Thanks
Most of my favourite bands have one guitarist. I find that one-guitarist bands can be more expressive and create more melody. Bands I like/respect with one guitarist: AFI, Billy Talent, A, Disturbed to name but four.

Of course, if you're wanting a list of solo performance guitarists then I presume you know of Malmsteen, Vai and Satriani.
Quote by WlCmToTheJungle
if ur going to play some american idiot stuff heres the settings:

Master Volume : 0
i dunno about the rest
audioslave, queen, van halen, Eric Johnson
Ovation Celebrity
MIJ STRAT
Ibanez Prestige S1220WNF
modded Ibanez GAX75
Fender tuner-DIGITECH EX-7-BOSS SD1-Ibanez CF7-Tech 21 TM 60
(LOOP)Boss DD20(Loop)
My soundclick page
Bands that have one guitarist? heres some off the top of my head...

Blindside*
The Used*
Alien Ant Farm*
SchoolYard Heroes*
Fall of Troy*
Panic! at the Disco
AFI
Alice in Chains
Nirvana*
AudioSlave*
Blink182*
Blur*
Disturbed
GodSmack
GreenDay
Hoobastank*
Incubus*
The Killers
Linkin Park
Mudvayne
Rage Against the Machine*
RHCP*

*=bands I like

But yeah...thats just a few off the top of my head.
^ can you really consider newer greenday to be a one guitar band.. i mean they have another guitar player from every recent performance ive seen.. and dont say it doesnt count b/c hes not counted as part of the band b/c from what i remeber he was playing some of the more "vital" areas of the songs they performed when i seen them (that was a day i thought i was going to die.. nothing better than having to go watch some god forsaken band that used to be good all b/c my girlfriend likes them) also why im on the subject nirvana was also another band seen touring with another guitar player.. just sayin does it really count if they have to be there in concert and more than likely in greendays case did recording too...???
Quote by a6l6e6x1
hahaha "sexism the ultimate humour" a6l6e6x, 2008

My gear:
Kramer Custom Made from 1986
Framus Manhattan
Phaiga Hybrid H1
Ibanez RGT220A
Ibanez RG305DX
Framus Dragon Top
Custom Cab with 6 Celestion G12H Speakers
this is to pearson theres is not one guitar in hendrix there is also a rhythem player dont know his name though
My guitars...

LTD H-1000
Epiphone Explorer
Fender Strat
Fender Acoustic

Amps...

Marshall Mode Four
fender frontman possibly for sale

Quote by Pleiadian
(with active EMG-HZ pickups)
nirvana did have a second guitarist too, but maybe that was for live performances only. I think It was on SNL.
me
zakk wylde!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote by sloppyjoe24
you can't trust girls on the internet because 75% of the time, they're actually men!
Red Hot Chili Peppers, Cream, (old) Queens of the Stoneage, System of a Down, Rage Against the Machine.
Feel free to ignore my ranting.

Member of the Self-Taught Club.

A recent study shows that 8% of teenagers listen to nothing but music with guitars in it. Put this in your sig if you're one of the 92% who isn't a close-minded moron.
Quote by Strat_Monkey
Red Hot Chili Peppers, Cream, (old) Queens of the Stoneage, System of a Down, Rage Against the Machine.

I'm not a QOTSA fan, but doesn't the singer play guitar along with Troy Van Whateverhisnameis?
I can't believe only one person had enough brains to say Pantera! OMFG you guys are either stupid or live under rocks. R.I.P DIME!
ALL HAIL THE WEREFETUS

"And he opened his mouth and out came not words, but a savage and evil fire"

SATAAN!!! MRAHNGDIPMJEH!!

www.myspace.com/werefetusband
Quote by Supersonic^
Rush

Thank you!
It's a fine line between clever and stupid.