ive been saving up for a new tube halfstack for quite sometime now. can someone tell me what it means by having 2 tubes and a solid state rectifier? ive been considering a marshall dsl and orange 30 watt head until i saw this. would this be much cheaper compared to that? can it go with a cab like a marshall one? is it more worth than the other 2 amps because if its much cheaper i could spend the extra money on a few pedals. and what cab shld i get for any of the amps i stated above? i dont need such a big one, about >30 watts tube power
a rectifier converts AC line current to DC for your amp circuit. These can either be silicon diode, or vacuum tube. Using the vacuum tubes will give you a little looser "spongier" sound than the silicon diode. The vacuum tubes are used mostly for the vintage tones, since vintage amps ONLY had vacuum tube rectifiers available.

I haven't tried that amp yet, so not much help there, but I know you can use the head with just about any cab you want, as long as you match the impedance up.
"The fool doth think he is wise, but the wiseman knows himself to be a fool." - W.S.
amp clips
amp vids
Last edited by Erock503 at Aug 12, 2006,