For some reason I have an easir time playing what I want/hear in my head on the piano than I do on the guitar even when I've played guitar a lot more than piano and just know major chords and easy stuff on the piano. Is it just the layout of the piano verses the guitar maybe? I also saw Complete Fretboard Logic System Box Set DVD in Musician's Friend August catalog and was thinking maybe that would help me if that was the problem I was having. The Fretboard Logic System costs 69.99 though so I really don't want to have to get it unless that is the problem and still maybe not even then. If anybody has any imput or if you've had the same problem or used the Fretboard Logic System please tell me what you think. Thanks.
Do you know all the notes on the fretboard? It's very easy to learn and makes playing stuff by ear quite simple.
yeah learn the notes on the fretboard.

i can't really talk i need to do the same myself.
Quote by Duff_McGee
Masturbate. A lot. Seriously.

<----This is a man
im in the exact same place as u amped. i can write some tight ray charles sounding songs on the piano in like 3 minutes, but when i pickup guitar i try to make up a metal song its a lot harder. my opinion on it is because we are new to the piano we tend to just doodle. but if u know chords, scales, and arpeggios, on the guitar you dont really know where to start.

oh yeah and to learn all the notes on the fret board i just look at the poster that i bought from walmart for $3.00, it shows tons of scales too.
Last edited by andrew789 at Aug 12, 2006,
I already know the notes on the fretboard just as well as on the piano except in the higher regions and that's what makes me think that it has to do with the setup of the piano. You can always find C just by looking one to the left of the 2 black keys and you can always find F by looking one to the left of the 3 black keys and then go from there quick and easy. If you're looking for a note just use the white keys, if your looking for a sharp or flat note then look at the black keys (unless you call Cb B and in that case your dumb). I just want to know if there is a way to be able to look at the neck/fretboard like I can at the piano, I think it would help a lot. Thanks for all the help.