I have an Epi LP Standard, which while it isn't the greatest guitar in the world, suits me absolutely fine, however I have had it for a while now and quite a few people I know who are much better at guitar than me have reccomended I change the pickups from the standard Epi ones. So, can someone please explain to me, firstly how I would go about changing pickups, and secondly reccomend what types of pickups I should look at putting on (I play metal almost exclusively, mostly rhythm).

Thanks
If you play metal you will probably want EMGs. So an 81 for the bridge, I don't really know which one out of 60/85 for should be getting for the neck. Because you play rhythm maybe the 85, but if you want nice cleans the 60 is the best from what people on here seem to say.
Quote by azn_guitarist25
im thinking probably a new amp would help for your sounds

My amp kicks serious ass, i'm not really worried about my tone, which is great, just people have told me that it would be alot better to get new pickups, and can someone please explain a bit more about EMGs and active pickups in general? From what I gather they run on batteries? But how does this help?
Quote by Celticknife
My amp kicks serious ass, i'm not really worried about my tone, which is great, just people have told me that it would be alot better to get new pickups, and can someone please explain a bit more about EMGs and active pickups in general? From what I gather they run on batteries? But how does this help?

What amp do you have?

JACKSON

AND YNGWIE UNLEASHES THE FOCKING FURY ON YOU FOR SPELLING HIS NAME WRONG!!!!!!
they have an inbuilt pre-amp directly inside the pickups themselves and are powered by batteries this makes them turn on and they are able to handle more gain (i think it is)
Quote by Celticknife
Randall RG75D *points to sig*

I'm a dumbass will you come over to my house and punch me please.

JACKSON

AND YNGWIE UNLEASHES THE FOCKING FURY ON YOU FOR SPELLING HIS NAME WRONG!!!!!!
metal exclusively? get the EMG Zakk Wylde set. put the 81 in the bridge and the 85 in the neck. it also helps if you have a nice sounding tube amp.