I'm a bass nooby, considering I'm a guitar player... but I'm playing bass for a friend who needed one at the last minute, and the calisses on my picking hand isn't strong enough for me to last the entire show, but I know that some bassists tape their hands, what kind of tape do they use? Thanks in advance
Quote by archangels666
Find me someone who doesn't do that and I'll show you a man humping a hippopotamus.

Quote by Vigilantius
High chairs are for little girls. My kids eat gravel off of bare concrete.

If you mean around the fingers; any sort of tape will do as long as it doesn't constrict the movement enough to affect the playing.

If you mean over the fingertips; I havn't tried it myself but I would assume you want it as tight over the finger tips as possible. Most probably thin yet strong tape.

Only use tape as a last resort, you can put a lot more emotion into playing without any constricitions.
Seems like you may need to resort to our good friend, Mr Plectrum.

Seriously, it's gotta be better then giving yourself blisters and being unable to carry on.
You could always endure the pain and hope the blisters pop or get scraped off. It's what I do anyways.
Yeah I'll just have to suck it up I guess, if it gets too bad I'll use a pick, thanks guys.
Quote by archangels666
Find me someone who doesn't do that and I'll show you a man humping a hippopotamus.

Quote by Vigilantius
High chairs are for little girls. My kids eat gravel off of bare concrete.