I am changing the strings on my Ibanez GRX40 and the ball end of the 4th string is stuck and it won't come out. Can anyone give me an idea of how to get that sucker out without damaging anything? Any and all help is greatly appreciated.
Last edited by Araelius at Aug 12, 2006,
Vacuum?
Or just shake it up and down.
Quote by soccermom
Of course eating unbelievable amounts of anything can probably harm you, but i chose bananas because they look like willies.
Well, by stuck I mean really stuck in there, not loose inside the guitar. I can't remove the string at all.
Quote by mrost123
get a straw or something and try to poke it out

No can do, too thick. Any other way?
Well I got it out, as a point of reference for other newbs like me here is a quote from a helpful site.

Strings stuck in the block?

When it's time to replace the strings,Strat style guitars that are equipped with vibrato units are notorious for their

strings stuck in the blockend of the bridge.If this happens,take the small allen hex wrench that you'd use for adjusting the saddle heights,and stick it down the string tunnel(thru the saddle hole).A little push on the wrench is all it takes

to free up the stuck ball end of the offending string so you can slide it out of the block.

http://www.rainbowmusicshop.com/tips_tricks.html#