Hey i just started building a fuzz pedal but the wire i got(24/0.2) is too thick to go through the circuit board-would it be okay to use a thinner wire? or if i put half of the wire through would it still work?
yea it will be ok if you use some thinner wire, you really dont have a choice because only using half of the strands is sort of half assed.
24 gauge wire is pretty thin. Are you sure you cant get it through? Are you using a perfboard? Veroboard? PCB? Is should be able to go through any of those. Maybe use solid wire if that works for you. I would use solid wire for onboard wiring, and stranded for offboard. Maybe you can tin the wire so it goes through easier.
The wire i have is stranded. The board i have is a normal strip board. I think i'll just get thinner wire. BTW call1800ksmyazz you inspired me to make a pedal! 4fuzz was well kool!!
^ i think you've inspired us all, i mean c'mon your an amazing builder and you're only 14!! you give hope to all of the noobies that they too may one day build an awesome pedal.
Quote by call1800ksmyazz
Well you see.... This is a positive ground pedal (PNP). The + of the battery will go to ground. The - will go to the input.

Okay so another stupid question, how do i ground it? do you mean the output of the circuit board?
If you look on the layout, there is a long connection of a bunch of things along the right, bottom, and left of the whole board. You see that connection? Well that is the ground. Connect the +9v to there.
Thanks for all the help. Electronics is not my strong point you see, maths is!!