Would a ES-335 style guitar, with maple, and mahogany, and alcino (spl?) magnets give me a jazzy, bluesy tone? And still be able to get into a little crunch, just enough for a good AC/DC kind of tone. I want to know because my parents said if I do good in high-school (just going into it) They will buy me a guitar for christmas, I was looking at a few epiphone semi-hollows, and the Agile AS-820. Would these guitars cover what I want them to cover tone wise?
~Bryan~
~~One Off Custom Strat~~
- 3 piece alder body
- Maple on rosewood 21 fret neck
- '82 Fender pickups

~~'92 Toyota Supra~~

- 1JZ-GTE (TT, front mount intercooler, 15~psi)
- Tuned on 93 octane
- HKS 3" exhaust
yes they most certainly would. Have played Gibbo 335 and epi 335 , and the crunch allows for classic rock, as well as the cleans providing well for blues tones too.... (and they make a good jazzbox)

[EDIT: sp: A-L-N-I-C-O]
Why did Pat Metheney cross the road? He didn't, his hair got in the way
--
Member #1 of Ibanez > You club. PM me to join
^Haha I was close, I just mixed the C and N. So these gutiars are nice? Can you recomend me any good ones for under $600? Or some brands to check out?
~Bryan~
~~One Off Custom Strat~~
- 3 piece alder body
- '82 Fender pickups

~~'92 Toyota Supra~~

- Tuned on 93 octane
- HKS 3" exhaust
Well, Epiphone or Gibson is gonna give you a good tone, although Gibson would probably be out of your price range.
Quote by cokeisbetter
Well, Epiphone or Gibson is gonna give you a good tone, although Gibson would probably be out of your price range.

I'm not looking for a specific ES-335 style, just any good semis that can cover jazz, blues, and some crunchy rock. Gibbo is way out of the question, I was pricing them up and its too much cash for me.
~Bryan~
~~One Off Custom Strat~~
- 3 piece alder body
- '82 Fender pickups

~~'92 Toyota Supra~~

- Tuned on 93 octane
- HKS 3" exhaust