I've seen tons of techniques to warm up your hands when you are going to play, but I need a way to get my mind warmed up when I'm going to play. Ok this may sound silly but here's what I mean: Often when I want to play guitar there are a lot of thoughts in my head that prevent me from fully concentrating on playing guitar (especially when I am playing rather boring stuff such as scales my mind just wanders off) If I just keep playing and playing I'll get a lot more 'into the moment' and my guitar playing is much better, but it takes very very long for me to reach this stage of total concentration. The thing is practising goes so much better when I'm finally totally concentrated. So does anyone have any tips on how to clear you mind of other thoughts and be totally open to only the guitar? There have got to be some tricks to do this....
Thanks in advance.
Quote by shorter_rocker
masturbate to a musicians friend magazine, then play guitar

I just knéw I would get replies like this one
imagine that the public is naked. (or drink a bit of vodka before the show. that'd kick out the stress)
Quote by urik
imagine that the public is naked. (or drink a bit of vodka before the show. that'd kick out the stress)

I'm not talking out performing or nerves. Please read posts before you reply
Quote by Dardarian
I'm not talking out performing or nerves. Please read posts before you reply

sry i thought that you meant in stage. well the vodka thing still could help heheh
Well, I guess I will try to throw out a "serious" response.. I usually listen to my favorite band/song/whatever before I play guitar, which usually has me pumped and raring to go(Especially if it is Symphony X). It's an idea anyway, and won't give you a hangover like Vodka

Watching a video of your favorite guitarist might help as well.. For me, it always makes me want to pick up the guitar.
"I slept with faith and found a corpse in my arms on awakening; I drank and danced all night with doubt and found her a virgin in the morning" Aleister Crowley
Listen to some Death Metal songs at the loudest setting on your stereo. Jump around, Rock out with your **** out, do what you gotta do.
^yea try meditation and try to think about p0rnxors it will give you the feel
feel of the wang
tilet lickin' gd
likewise bro... sometimes I just want to play the guitar but thinking it could be boring since I will just play the same thing over and over again... I just bought a new guitar and yeah my dream guitar it pumped me up but its still boring... I was just thinking if I had bandmates maybe it'll be more exciting to play because we could create our own sound... and for the record I can create my own riffs and little bit of shred... but still playing alone in one room isnt very fun...

PS. I got lots of friends but no one is in the same vibes... you know what I mean... hope this contributes