So I was thinking and I decided that I really need to upgrade on my guitar tone. I was thinking of buying a new fender strat (the cheap one) to go along with my Crate 120 watt amp. But I was thinking of changing the pick ups on it with EMG's. What is your opinion? I don't really play metal..the closest thing to metal that i play is Van Halen and Ozzy. What pick ups do you recommend?

I was also thinking about strings. What kind of strings are easy to bend, but still fit the gauges of a strat?

I own a digitech multi effect processor. I don't really like it so i was thinking of buying a POD XT Live Pedal. Any opinions or suggestions?

Also, what picks are well made, quality picks that also sound good.

As you can see, I'm trying to acheive a personal tone that I like...any help will be greatly appreciated
I think you should sell that crate amp (IF YOU CAN ACTUALLY DO THAT) and get a better one. I don't know but I hate crate amps tone with a passion.

Don't worry about upgrading pups or anything like that until you have a pretty good amp. The amp is the most important part of your tone.
Fender Jaguar -> Polytune -> Diamond Compressor -> Timmy -> OCD -> Big Muff -> Line 6 M9 -> Sonomatic Cheddar -> Spark boost -> Fender BDRI
yeah and once u get a rippin amp then get he pd xt live i have one it kicks ass but its not the best so try it out at guitar center or something first but emg would give to MUCH a metal sound i thinki would go with the fender tex-mex pups for a gnarly tone even though in my strat i have D'marzios they kick ass for anytone but theyre a bit on the expensive side
Sex is good
Sex is fine
Doggy Style & 69
Just for fun
Or gettin paid
Everyone likes gettin laid
i got a MIM strat and i love it the stock pups are fine, IMO, but if you wantes you could upgrade em
Quote by ihatemetal
Fallout boy with Tom Delonge on vocals would be the ultimate supergroup

you my friend, are an idiot
duncan hotrails
|~| Iron Maiden addiction |~|
\m/ \m/

gear in profile
Try the EMGS. I mean like.. I like EMG single coils, you might too. But they give you a very unique tone. They arent just for metal either, people just take advantage of their high output by playing metal.
AMP! GET A NEW AMP! The amp is most of your tone and to upgrade the best way would be to get a new amp.