well i know open chords and powerchords, and even how to mutate powerchords (some) like adding the 3,5 whatever. but they all seem to sound so bland, anyone know any resources where i can lean some other types of chords? or just maybe even more on modifying them? thanks
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Mesa Boogie Mark IV

Quote by aerosmithfan95
I wanna know what some blues sounding chords I could use in the key of D Aeolian fifth mode of Melodic Minor.

Quote by szekelymihai
try looking for Cm, or any of those complicated jazz chords
www.jguitar.com

scales and chords

the have chord namers and calculaters

it's pretty awsome
Quote by Metal-X
But last time I cranked my amp up. A small bird flew by at the same time I did a pinch harmonic.... and it exploded....

Too Late
sweet thanks.
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Mesa Boogie Mark IV

Quote by aerosmithfan95
I wanna know what some blues sounding chords I could use in the key of D Aeolian fifth mode of Melodic Minor.

Quote by szekelymihai
try looking for Cm, or any of those complicated jazz chords
just type chords in google or buy a book..it's all worth it...
learning chords with a good book is really easy
Hold my breath
as I wish for death
Oh please god wake me
A trick my guitar teacher taught to add color to some of my chords, basicaly it's just to remember the intervals between notes. Whenever you see a powerchords(ie E5), a suspended chords (Xsus2 or Xsus4) or an inverted powerchord/fourth chord (C/F5) or any kind of chord with wierd notation. Trick is the notes in the Major scale!!

e I---------2------3--4
B I---------6------7--1
G I-----3--4------5---
D I ----7--1------2---
A I 4------5------6---
E I 1------2------3---

----1------3------5-------7-----
FRETS
Notice that, for a power chord (F5), you need to use the 1(r) and the 5th.
For any kind of chord, you would need the 1,3,5 (Root, 3rd and 5th).For an F chord, all you need are the F(root), A(3rd) and C(5th) notes. You can pretty much play that chord anywhere on the neck if you find the good fingering, they won't all sound good but they will be correct.

Note that the 1,2,3,4,5,6,7 aren't the fret, they are the steps in between, either whole or half-steps.

Hope everyone understood what I tried explaining, neways have fun!!!

EDIT: Oh, and to make a minor chord, all you need to do is flatten the 3rd, so you would have the 1,3b,5... Root, flat 3rd and 5th. ENJOY!
Last edited by velly69 at Aug 12, 2006,
heh well velly was attempting to explain triads there, but if you thoroughly want to understand chord construnction i suggest a teacher or a good book.