Hey guys....Im lookin to get a new amp....my price range is about 400-500 us dollars. i play punk and rock stuff....Im lookin for something with a lot of punch to it. My friend said an orange or a vox. Any opinions??? Thanks in advance!!!
vox for punk???
maybe a marshall (just fit's the most styles) a tsl 100 or dsl 100
or even a jcm2000
just go to a local guitar store and try some amps
Hold my breath
as I wish for death
Oh please god wake me
get a fender!
get a FM212R and get a distortion because the onboard distortion isnt that great
FM212+BOSS DS-2 Turbo Distortion=sweet ass punk tone
great cleans too.
EDIT: how loud do you want?
Quote by ImSheddingSkin
your avatar rules
Last edited by danzig-_- at Aug 12, 2006,
line 6 spider 2 212 combo 150w its $400 they rock and you can get alot of diff tones from it form clean to rippin ass shred metal
Sex is good
Sex is fine
Doggy Style & 69
Just for fun
Or gettin paid
Everyone likes gettin laid
if you dont want 100 watts from the FM212 i reccomended, get the FM210, its only 65 watts and its cheaper
make sure to get the BOSS DS-2!!
Quote by ImSheddingSkin
your avatar rules
Quote by BlackList666
line 6 spider 2 212 combo 150w its $400 they rock and you can get alot of diff tones from it form clean to rippin ass shred metal

I would advise against Line 6. I've always found their amps cold and lifeless, and I've heard horror stories about the quality. For your price range you can definitely get a better SS, and you might be able to find a nice tube combo. I've heard very good things about Traynor, you might want to at least test one of their combo's.
Someones knowledge of guitar companies spelling determines what amps you can own. Really smart people can own things like Framus because they sound like they might be spelled with a "y" but they aren't.
^listen to Archeo Avis, although he kinda seems to hate Mesas
A Marshall JCM 800 might be good too
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
Quote by aznrockerdude
Whoa. Total N00bness in this thread.
And listen to Archeo Avis, although he kinda seems to hate Mesas
A Marshall JCM 800 might be good too

I don't hate Mesa, just Mesa fanboys.
Someones knowledge of guitar companies spelling determines what amps you can own. Really smart people can own things like Framus because they sound like they might be spelled with a "y" but they aren't.
Go used dude
RIP Jasmine You.

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
Quote by danzig-_-
get a fender!
get a FM212R and get a distortion because the onboard distortion isnt that great
FM212+BOSS DS-2 Turbo Distortion=sweet ass punk tone
great cleans too.
EDIT: how loud do you want?

Im looking for something thats hopefully at least 100 watts....I want it to be able to play shows and last a while.
used. and you don't need 100 watts tube. look into a used peavey 5150 or something. ashdown also caters to punk.
Quote by corduroyEW
Cheap amps are "that bad". They suck up your tone like cocaine at Kate Moss' party.

I am Michael!
Quote by captaincool
try a crate power block

#12 of the "Ibanez SZ over RG Club!" PM ibanez4life SZ! to join!
Used JCM 2000 on ebay. Don't listen to the FM dude
RIP Jasmine You.

Quote by FaygoBro420