i ve been busy deciding what amp to get as my second amp and its between a vox valvetronix AT30W(i think) or a roland cube 30 i was leaning towards the vox because i was told it is very versatile and can handle my RHCP playin and my other range of music tastes but the music i mainly play is metal(Metallica, SOAD etc) and i have been told that the vox is weak at metal and the roland excels in this genre.

has anyone used the vox and is it really that bad at metal, or has anyone used a cube for playing chili peppers songs and does it handle the tones they use?
by the way will be getting an epiphone G400 SG in the next month is this a decent guitar for my second? as i have said before i play metal is it a good metal guitar? im choosing it because i have been attracted by i being 'versatile' or so i have been told and SGs have slimmer necks which should make it easier for me to play fast solos ala metallica's? so ami getting the right axe?
i have a cube 30 and play a lot of chili peppers and it does a decent job of getting the tones... i have not played their stuff on any other anps with my guitar so i couldnt compare
Id go with the roland personally...And as for the Sg...In my opinion i would say go for a les paul rather than an sg, just in my experience of owning both id say the les paul is the more versatile of the two (sg's seem to have higher action and less sustain) again, just my opinion.
i would go with the VOX.
Acoustic Percussion Guitar Player
Quote by InvaderTSN
I can only poop during full moons.
Go with the vox
Guitars:
Dean DOA ML 04 #31/50 w/ Dimarzios
Dean ML Knight w/ EMG's
Dean Avalanche w/ EMG's
Jackson DXMGT w/ EMG's
Ibanez RG350M w/ Dimarzios
Ibanez RG7321 w/ Dimarzios
Ibanez V Blade w/ Dimarzios
Amps:
Marshall 8100 w/ Marshall Cab
well i own the roland cube 15, and its a great am, it does metall grunge and mmodern rock very well, but i want a vox for playing the blues and classic rock.
the advantage of the roland cube is the five channels, but the vox has effects and is far more versatile if you have a couple good pedals
CTHC
I would get the cube, check out the cube 60 amp,it sounds the a little better and is louder, it sounds fricken awesome. trust me you won't regret it.
Last edited by dartz_master at Aug 12, 2006,
Today I went with my friend to the Guitar Center to return his Roland Cube 30 to get a Vox Valvetronix. His complaint was that he did not like how the cube was too geared toward metal. He plays more classic rock style stuff, such as Eric Clapton. He decided that the Vox was better for him. So if you are expecting to get some good tones similar to that, get the vox.
Quote by RHCP94
It's an option for the "Which one of E Daws parents are uglier?" thread.
Quote by *.JefF94.*
i have a cube 30 and play a lot of chili peppers and it does a decent job of getting the tones... i have not played their stuff on any other anps with my guitar so i couldnt compare

I'm the same here, exept I have a cube 60. it gets a very decent tone RHCP tone.
Quote by Robb987123Bass
How do I quote someone in my sig? If you look at mine, you'll see that I've failed

██████████████
██████████████
██████████████
██████████████
██████████████