Anyone got links to various exercises to help me with this. I got about 5 i do aday but, it gets boring and I'd like something else.

thanks to anyone that helps.
Schecter C-1 Classic
LTD EC-1000
Fender American FSR Mahog. Chambered Tele 60th
Fender Mexican Strat SD Hot Rails Br/Ne
Fender Hot Rod Deville 4x10
Boss DD-6
Boss Metal Zone
1 finger- 1 fret excercise

or to build strength and speed do trills w/ first and second fingers then first and third then first and fourth then second and fourth then third and fourth
Guitars:
Parkwood PW320M
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Epiphone C-40 willie nelson signature
Squier Strat
Some beat up acoustic from '68

Amps:
Vox Ad50vt
Crate xt15r

Effects:
Vox Clyde McCoy Wah
Quote by ledzep1023
1 finger- 1 fret excercise

or to build strength and speed do trills w/ first and second fingers then first and third then first and fourth then second and fourth then third and fourth

thats one of the things my teacher tells me to do, I wanna do somemore stuff as well

what is the 1 finger-1 fret?
Schecter C-1 Classic
LTD EC-1000
Boss DD-6
Boss Metal Zone
I would try repetitive pull offs and hammer ons, 20-25 minutes a day, switching from a basic 5h7 or 7p5 one string or 5h8 string up h5. Might be difficult in this context, but look at Shinedown's "Heroes" and some Eric Clapton stuff which has the 2 string 5h8 to h5 on th next string up.
Is there a special trick to pull offs?

Do you just lift off or jerk the string?

Mine are very weak when i attempt fast solos.
Trust me, I'm no lead guitar God, but if you want to improve your lead, you should get this book called "Speed Mechanics For Lead Guitar" by Troy Stetina. It covers a lot of stuff: hammering on, pulling off, "rolling your fingers" from string to string (It's hard to explain), sweep picking, having good rhythm, and being creative. Those are just some examples.
Quote by Doofag
Is there a special trick to pull offs?

Do you just lift off or jerk the string?

Mine are very weak when i attempt fast solos.

yah mine too

i can do pull-offs on the g string with no distortion no problem, but when i move to the d-string...........

although this is with the 4th finger, with the other 3 i can do it in any string
Fighting for peace, is like screwing for virginity

Screw you Waldo, go find yourself!!!!
I'll check that book out.
Schecter C-1 Classic
LTD EC-1000
Boss DD-6
Boss Metal Zone
Practice guys, practice. Practice until your hammers and pulls are as strong sounding as you picking the string.
Quote by SuperAnalytical
Practice guys, practice. Practice until your hammers and pulls are as strong sounding as you picking the string.

I do but its so damn boring! I'm pretty fast but I am actually really stuck on song writing and its pissing me off! I wanna write like Adam Jones but I just can't. I got the skills, but I don't have the knowledge and I don't know the rules, can anyone help me? I'm so angry.
Schecter C-1 Classic
LTD EC-1000
Boss DD-6
Boss Metal Zone