i was at a murray's the other day, and i saw a duplicolor spray paint that was chrome colored, also one that was gold-chrome. does anybody know how good of quality this is? does it really look like chrome?
http://duplicolor.com/products/gold-chrome.html
will it stick to wood? (with primer over it)
Quote by Sir-Shoelace
manliest string guage? barbed wire.

Founder Of the UG Slide Player's Guild, PM me If You're Really Feelin' Dem Blues

THE PIT
"better than your average psychiatrist"
No... it dosent look like real chrome... :S it looks more like silverpaint...
and It will stick the the wood
"I never liked those Deep Purples or those sort of things. I always hated it. I always thought it was a poor man’s Led Zeppelin"
// Angus Young

+1
If its not chrome plated, its not chrome.
Ibanez -> Peavey -> Eardrums

Apparently I'm on some list of people to listen to..?
Quote by absinthe5765
Wood is too bumpy to give it a mirror-like finish, it looks good on plastics tho.

What?
'Aim at perfection in everything, though in most things it is unattainable. However, they who aim at it, and persevere, will come much nearer to it than those whose despondency and laziness make them give it up as unattainable.'
I've got a can of gold metallic paint I used in a project long ago (for painting plastic) but I used it a little in my latest customization stint. If you really smooth out the body use a lot of primer and sand down to at least 1000 grit wet and dry before each coat you can build up a half decent "metallic" effect. It's far from being the Ibanez chrome boy or bad horsie quality but it's decent enough. (Just make sure you only spray REAL thin coats.)

I was using plasti-kote, or some crap like that, paint but I imagine it should be similar.

For sale: Early 1985 Ibanez AH10 (Allan Holdsworth signature model) PM for details
Quote by absinthe5765
Wood is too bumpy to give it a mirror-like finish, it looks good on plastics tho.

Thats why you prime and grainfill :teach:

Quote by robbo_0013
UniverseZero is some kind of pwnerer of numerals

Quote by spazzymagee417
your avatar entertains me.
ive used that chrome paint by dupli, it was ok. it was shinny but not mirror like. put it on my strat and it looked horrible, not because it was ****ty paint but because it was just ugly. if u do paint it and let it dry and put gasoline on it it will turn into a flat grey color (dont ask how i no this, i was bored).

i wouldnt get it
is there a way to get a chrome-boy or bad horsie mirror finish?
Quote by Sir-Shoelace

Founder Of the UG Slide Player's Guild, PM me If You're Really Feelin' Dem Blues

THE PIT
how bout the mirage kit?
http://www.duplicolor.com/products/mirage.html
or their metallic metalcast paints?
again, anybody know how to make a chrome paint job on a guitar?
Quote by Sir-Shoelace

THE PIT
Mirage paint is awesome. I dont know about the spray can kind, but the kind for paint guns is sweet
For a true chrome finish, I think oyu would have to wrap your guitar in some sort of sheet metal and then have that chromed. Since you cant chrome wood and chrome paints dont work well on pourus materials such as wood. I would think that would be about your only option to get a good looking chrome finish.
You can get like silver leaf really cheaply, you could have it laid down by a professional restorer who does like antiques. That would be the best mirrior finish.
does the mirage kit work good in spray can form? and again what about their metalcast paints?
Quote by Sir-Shoelace

THE PIT