Hey,

I'm looking for a new amp. I like to play hard rock. But, here's the deal:

I play at home w/ no band. So, I don't need anything really loud. I have awesome effects pedals, so I dont want to spend the money on an amp w/ effects and modeling. I just want an amp that I can play the clean channel at low levels and it will sound great.

Any recommendations?
Vox AD30VT is great, i have one. That would run you about $250. You can get an AD50VT, which is loud as hell, for abour $400 i think.

You should test some stuff first, it'll be better for you.

EDIT: Never mind, you said with NO effects, silly me
Quote by Dirtydeeds468
People don't like Dave Mustaine because he created something that owned Metallica in just about every single aspect of thrash metal.

it's true
Crate Palmino V16
Ibanez -> Peavey -> Eardrums

Apparently I'm on some list of people to listen to..?
the fender blues junior is around that price if i remember correctly. its a nice 15w tube amp so it can get loud, but it isnt too loud. it has great cleans and not much else. its a nice little amp for running effects through as well.
Here are the best two in your Price Range
Fender Blues Jr.
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Fender-Blonde-Blues-Junior-Guitar-Amp?sku=480491

Epiphone Blues Custom 30/15 watt ( about $100 more but it has a bit more in the terms of features)
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Epiphone-Blues-Custom-30-Watt-2x12-Combo-Amp?sku=480288

I have played both of these amps but I prefer the Epi. Blues Custom amp to the Epi. Blues Jr. because it has a Tube Rectifier (My Preference) and it is 30 and 15 watt selectable.
'11 Gibson LP Jr.
'07 Gretsch 5120
'69 Tele
'10 Godin 5th Ave. Kingpin
'03 Blueridge Dreadnought
'02 Custom Martin D-28
Premier Twin-8
Fender Hot Rod Dlx
Boss SD-1
I second the Epi tube amp. They're nice.. a friend of mine JUST got one. *Thumbs up*

Of course, you can't go wrong with a nice Fender tube amp.
My gear:

MIJ Squier Stratocaster

Washburn WR150 Quilted Top

Oscar Schmidt Semi-hollow Delta King

Epiphone Hummingbird

Amps: Fender Eighty-Five