Is there any song you've heard, either for the first time, or some other time that you just stopped whatever you were doing and were completely emersed in it and had to listen? It may or may not have changed your life or perception of music.

one I can remember well for me is "Don't Think Twice, It's All Right" by Bob Dylan
Last edited by Gutch220 at Aug 12, 2006,
yeah, happened to me plenty of times. i dont feel like making a list though

first one that comes to mind
last with pagan blood- amon amarth
The trouble with nude dancing is that not everything stops moving when the music does.

Last.fm
Born to Run- Bruce Springsteen
Ticket to Ride- The Beatles
Imagine-John Lennon
All Apologies-Nirvana
Jeremy, Yellow Ledbetter, and Even Flow- Pearl Jam
Heroin- The Velvet Underground
My Rig
>MIM Fender Stratocaster and SX SJM-62
>various magicial noise boxes
>Peavey Classic 50 212

For the funk:
>Ibanez ATK300
>Acoustic B100
'Your revolution is a joke' and 'Roses for the dead' (well the vid at least for RFTD) - Funeral for a Friend

Hey Joe - Jimi hendrix's version (by the way has anyone heard the offspring's cover??! I like them, but they have completely murderd this song! sounds like a train wreck!)
Quote by rebelmidget
your pubes are like the amazon rainforest and your body is planet earth. trim a little here and there and your life will be more comfortable
but cut down the whole damn forest and mother nature is going to cut you

Tool - Right In Two

I was listening to 10,000 Days for the first time on my MP3 while walking home from school, and I just stood still, and didn't start moving again until Viginti Tres started.
Quote by justinb904
im more of a social godzilla than chameleon

Quote by MetalMessiah665
Alright, I'll give them a try, Japanese Black Speed rarely disappoints.

Quote by azzemojo
Hmm judging from your pic you'd fit in more with a fat busted tribute.
Straight Edge-Minor Threat
it changed my whole lifestyle!!! *INSPIRED*
*praises ian mckaye as a god*
now im straight edge! (if you couldnt tell)
Quote by ImSheddingSkin
your avatar rules
Vitamin - Incubus

Edit: Eulogy by Tool. I downloaded Stinkfist and Eulogy to see if I liked them. Got into stinkfist pretty quickly. Listened to Eulogy once and thought "meh". About a week later, it came on randomly on my media player. I stopped EVERYTHING I was doing. Absolutley stunned by the brilliance of the song. And I still am.
Last edited by sadistic_monkey at Aug 12, 2006,
Airbag by Radiohead, it sounded like a near death experience, one of the most surreal songs I've ever heard
Alone down there by Modest Mouse
Mosquito song by Queens of the stone age
.....i'm gonna capture a gideon
Quote by DaliLama
Airbag by Radiohead, it sounded like a near death experience, one of the most surreal songs I've ever heard

Plenty of Radiohead songs do that for me. "How to Disappear Completely" is one of the most immersing songs of all time. I'll usually stop what I'm doing for "Paranoid Android" too.
And I think I have a pretty mean reputation for getting ridiculously into "Bohemian Rhapsody". Singing, headbanging, air-guitaring... the whole shebang. It's such a great song, and it's just so operatic and epic. Great, great song.
Very recently actually one did that.

Different World - Iron Maiden

I stopped talking on msn and just sat here listening. Wow is all I can say to it.
Yellowknife, Northwest Territories
In My Life- The Beatles. My whole friends were sitting around talking and the song came on the radio and I yelled at all of them to shut the **** up while I listened. The way everything flowed and John's voice just drew you in. I sat there staring the whole time while my friends looked at me funny and waited until the song finished.
Back To The Motor League by Propagandhi just kinda shocked me with the energy and how good that riff at the beginning is.
Seein' Red by Unwritten Law - Brill song!
I was brought up to believe that practise makes perfect... But I worked out a while ago... Tht nothin is perfect... So y waste time practisin?
hmm...

Because and I Want You by the beatles
Exit Music and Lucky by radiohead
Californication by rhcp
Tonight Tonight by the pumpkins
Ballad in plain D by dylan
the line "where were you while we were getting high?" in champagne supernova by oasis
five years by bowie
"I see my light come shining from the west down to the east
Any day now, any day now I shall be released"

Know any good teachers in NY, especially skilled in teaching ear training? Tell me
Last edited by sirpsycho85 at Aug 13, 2006,
The outro solo to Mr. Crowley, by Ozzy.
Fire and Ice by Yngwie Malmsteen.
So Close, So Far Away by Derek Trucks.
Heroes by David Bowie.

And quite possibly my all-time favorite, the outro to Hey Jude by Wilson Pickett. It STILL stops me in my tracks.
(Slightly outdated) Electronic and classical compositions by m'self: Check 'em out
Led Zeppelin - Hey Hey What Can I Say
The White Stripes - Seven Nation Army (This made get into modern rock)
Los Lonely Boys - Heaven (it was so fresh to hear that on modern radio)
Offspring - Come Out and Play (that riff was sweet, and still is)
Sufjan Stevens - They Are Night Zombies
Lynyrd Skynyrd - Mr Breeze
Black Sabbath - Iron Man (that crunching riff and "I am Iron Man")
Franz Ferdinand - Take Me Out
Jimi Hendrix - Voodoo Chile
Deep Purple - Lazy
The Strokes - Reptilia

There's much more I could've stated.
I hope this doesn't turn into another boring favorite song thread. try to keep your lists concise
Quote by electr8r
Led Zeppelin - Hey Hey What Can I Say

It's actually Hey Hey What Can I Do, but that is a really awesome song. It's amazing how it sounds so much like late, late Zeppelin, even though it was Immigrant Song's B-Side. One of their best songs, easily.
Lynyrd Skynyrd - Mr Breeze

Call Me the Breeze. It's Call Me the Breeze. You're not very good at song titles, are you? Nah, I'm just giving you crap.
And the only Skynyrd songs that really have that effect on me are "I Love You" and "The Ballad of Curtis Lowe"... both incredible songs. The entire Second Helping album is phenomenal, though.
Quote by beers
the man in blacks version of hurt.

written by soundgarden.

he did cover a soundgarden song, but hurt is nine inch nails
"I see my light come shining from the west down to the east
Any day now, any day now I shall be released"

Know any good teachers in NY, especially skilled in teaching ear training? Tell me
Home - Dream Theater on my computer. Just sat there until the song ends.

And then there are: Otherside - RHCP, Schism - Tool, Valley of the Damned - Dragonforce, etc.
Lynyrd Skynyrd- Simple Man, Gimme Back My Bullets
Tool- Schism (so much fun to play on bass, even if I can play it perfectly right)
The Eagle- Hotel California...I almost crapped myself when I hear that.
Alice in Chains- Man in a Box
Tom Petty and The Heartbreakers- Mary Janes Last Dance

AND THE BEST THREE SONGS THAT I COULD NOT BELIEVED I WAS LISTENING TO.......

BLACK SABBATH- N.I.B ( Butlers amazing bass solo!!!! awesomeness!!!) and
Farries wear Boots.

and of Course...
Pink Floyd- Wish You Were Here.
IF YOU CANT BEAT UM, JOIN UM....and THEN WHEN THEY ARE ALL COZZY, BEAT THE LIVING CRAP OUT OF THEM AND TELL EVERYONE YOU DID IT RESPECTFULLY
Layla - Eric Clapton : Both the unplugged and live version struck me as totally awesome.

Aces High - Iron Maiden : As the opening track for Powerslave, I was instantly hooked as this was my first ever Iron Maiden album and I loved the multiple riffs with harmonies.

Classical Gas - Mason Williams: Yeah, it differs greatly from the above, but I like several types of guitar music and this one is....well..."classic" and I started learning it obsessively right away.

Almost forgot. Comfortably Numb - Pink Floyd: Melodic yet wicked solos
and Now Your Ships Are Burned - Malmsteen: Middle solo
Last edited by brosbm at Aug 16, 2006,
Joy Division - Atmosphere
Arcade Fire - Rebellion lies
My Bloody Valentine - To Here Knows When
Radiohead - Exit music
sappy by nirvana

and a meat puppets song cant really remember the name tho
tears dont fall--bullet for my valentine.. during the solo i was like whoaaa!!!
The Walking Dead
Hurricane - Bob Dylan
Texas Flood - Stevie Ray Vaughan
Cream - Stormy Monday
A Million Miles Away - Rory Gallagher

Cliche but Stairway to Heaven

Don't want to be an actor pretending on the stage
Don't want to be a writer with my thoughts out on the page
Don't want to be a painter 'cause everyone comes to look
Don't want to be anything where my life's an open book

Phish - Waste
the first time i listened to lucky by radiohead, i was completely stopped in my tracks, it has one of my all time favorite solos in it ever

and then the first time i heard the past recedes by john frusciante i was completely blown away, i loved his voice and his guitar playing and the solo at the end is amazing
Thrice-Silhouette. But anything by Thrice is amazing. And Between the Buried and Me-Selkies The Endless Obsession, amazing solo.