Hello guys,

Can any one lend a hand in adivising how to go about practising the art of shredding? from scratch (novice)shredders point of view i mean...
Shredding is basically building strength and endurance in both hands. There are plenty of exercises out there that will help you build those chops. Make sure to practice with a metronome and just constantly run scales with different pick patterns, sweep arpeggios, etc. To keep your shredding creative, I'd reccomend learning other songs for some ideas so that you don't end up just running up and down the same scales.
theres a lot of threads around asking this, go search the forums otherwise someones just going to come here and flame you for being a "n00b" and not looking
good luck
Do a search, im not about to post the same thing every day.
RIG
Jackson SL3 Soloist
89' Ibanez RG570
Vader 4x12 Cabinet
Line 6 HD147 Head
6space HEAD/RACK case
Korg DTR1000 Rack Tuner
Furman Power Conditioner
ISP Decimator
Quote by ClassicAxe
Do a search, im not about to post the same thing every day.

Classicaxe, don't be a retard and parrot what the person on top of you said, it's been posted already and there is no need to be posted twice, instead why not contribute to the thread instead of parroting someone,

Well you can try some near shred songs, be your own judge. Also practice improvising over a pattern of scales.

Crazy train, paradise city, my transcription of the flight of the bumble bee.
^ If you had any common sense you'd check post times and you'd see where he was only a minute before me, when i was posting, his reply was not yet there.

Your always trying to get some witty comment at me, but it always fail. You reccomend things like NOT doing exercises.... Why dont you, NOT post.
RIG
Jackson SL3 Soloist
89' Ibanez RG570
Vader 4x12 Cabinet
Line 6 HD147 Head
6space HEAD/RACK case
Korg DTR1000 Rack Tuner
Furman Power Conditioner
ISP Decimator
Quote by ClassicAxe
^ If you had any common sense you'd check post times and you'd see where he was only a minute before me, when i was posting, his reply was not yet there.

Your always trying to get some witty comment at me, but it always fail. You reccomend things like NOT doing exercises.... Why dont you, NOT post.

Why not you go shoot yourself instead of trying to justify yourself with failure.
I said, I object against doing exercises, that's my opinion, and that's not going to change, and it's up to the person whether to listen or not, so good day.
Look up the following techniques in the search bar -

Alternate Picking
Hybrid Picking
Sweep Arpeggio
Legato
Pinch Harmonics
Tapping
String Skipping

Otherwise, it's just a matter of mastering these and getting your fretting hand going fast. Legato and alternate picking are without a doubt the most important things you'll ever learn if you want to play faster. And they're hard to master 100% irregardless of what people say.

Why not you go shoot yourself instead of trying to justify yourself with failure.
I said, I object against doing exercises, that's my opinion, and that's not going to change, and it's up to the person whether to listen or not, so good day.

Quiet, worm. Nobody wants to hear your opinion. Go away.
"Chuck-E-Cheese called. They want their band back."
Last edited by God Am at Aug 13, 2006,
Quote by Invictious

seriously though Invictious theres a search button for that and this was sorta posted in the wrong section as well so the ts is at fault for that