OMG!
dudes
pay no mind to the off sync video
CHECK OUT THE DIXIE FLAG HELLRAISER
IS THAT NOT AWESOME?!?!?!?!!?!!?
freaking hell yea!

http://youtube.com/watch?v=iCZKk6vx4Vo

theres 3 videos thisis just one....
even if you dont like syn...thats an awesome guitar.
Stuff:Prs billy martin se, squier strat, peavey valveking 212, boss:mt-2,md-2,sd-1,tr-2,oc-3,Mxrdynacomp,G2.1U multieffects pedal.
my band
www.myspace.com/inyerdreams
That's an Avenger. I think.

Still very sweet guitar.
Quote by Guitar_God_WIP
Volkl has God-like Nintendo knowledge

Like Nintendo? PM me for more..
hmm............another guitarist tryin to be dime.....
Quote by 86th fret
my testes turned blue from just reading that. i mean just imagine that they would ****ing burst and your... omg..

Quote by acrocks
i'd bite the zombies so they'd turn into me
Bet they wouldn't see that coming
Sorry, but, IMO, that was a horrible, horrible solo. I also thought it looked like someone trying to be Dime, but it's not like he copyrighted the flag or anything.
Quote by Mascot
yuR a fAggit
Ya guys we all no he plays sloppy but you cant say he is trying to be DIME dime didnt even innovate that. Zakk had a Les paul like that years before Dime Got a guitar like that as did the lead guitarist for whitesnake so dont say he is immulating Dime.

Though Dime was actually from the South while Syns from Southern California so its kinda weird
Member of UG's Gain \/\/hores - pm gpderek09 to join
Dumba Ss? I didn't much feel like making a comment on the guitar, so I was commenting on the solo, I can do that if I want.
Quote by Mascot
yuR a fAggit
i went to ozzfest. might even be the one in the video. Aveneged sevenfold played Walk by Pantera.
I'm guessing that vid is from this year's Ozzfest, as I believe they did "Walk" at every city with Phil from Pantera. Both Zacky and Synester have Confederate flag guitars in their respective sig models, the S-1 and Avenger.

And yes, Synester Gates ****ing blows live.
Actually there a good live band like they put on a ok show hes just sloppy as hell when he plays but i dont pay much attention i mostly just mosh
Well, no ****, if you mosh you're worried about your head getting thrown off you body. When you're actually there for the music, they all around suck.
Quote by SuperAnalytical
I'm guessing that vid is from this year's Ozzfest, as I believe they did "Walk" at every city with Phil from Pantera. Both Zacky and Synester have Confederate flag guitars in their respective sig models, the S-1 and Avenger.

And yes, Synester Gates ****ing blows live.

I really hate them covering Pantera, because they just can't do it. The solo just sounds awful.
Quote by Mascot
yuR a fAggit
Quote by SuperAnalytical
Well, no ****, if you mosh you're worried about your head getting thrown off you body. When you're actually there for the music, they all around suck.

Ya i sure do love Moshing lol

Your right i didnt really pay attention to how there show was lol
My god my poor, poor ears.....
All Hail! The Kala-Kala Chieftain!
Dixie flags are stupid.
Quote by BeefWellington

what's the point in being "philiosophical"?

Interesting question...
I think they are a good fit for metal or other heavy music, but really only if you're from the south and in this case that isn't so.
Quote by CodySG
I think they are a good fit for metal or other heavy music, but really only if you're from the south and in this case that isn't so.

The dixie flag stands for questionable things, I don't think its a good fit for anyone regardless of your musical preference.
Quote by BeefWellington

Interesting question...
That guitar is ALRIGHT at best. The Confederate flag isn't really my cup of tea, though.
No...it's a REBEL flag to say that you are a REBEL to "The Man" only ignorant people see it and think "OMGZ0RZ RACIST!!!!" that's why it's so taboo, because people automatically think racism when they see it. Sad really.

Seriously, I think this rebel flag you're speaking of is really a reworked Confederate flag. Let's be honest here.

I use it in the most non-racial way possible, it's just a flag after all, pretty neat one at that. These days, it really doesn't have much correllation with racism.
Confederate and Rebel is more or less one in the same, the Confederate's where called Rebel's in the Civil War. Since that's all done and over with and the Confederacy is no more, now it's more or less just called a rebel flag.
Racism, (I assume you mean towards black people) is not the only thing I associate with that flag. I definately do no associate it with being rebel "to the man", that meaning was attributed to it later, which is what I am saying I disagree with.
Quote by BeefWellington

Interesting question...
I don't know what ever bad experiance you've had with the Rebel flag, but it's just a flag. The meaning of it IS to be a flag that says "I'm a rebel, I go against the grain whether you like it or not" and that's all it means.
better than his last concert solo vid lol there arent as many glaring mistakes in this one though this one has less difficult licks.
I just think it's funny how they let him walk on the little block thing in the center of the stage then have him play worse than a lot of people on this site
Quote by CodySG
I don't know what ever bad experiance you've had with the Rebel flag, but it's just a flag. The meaning of it IS to be a flag that says "I'm a rebel, I go against the grain whether you like it or not" and that's all it means.

Would it serve a point if I continue to argue? The people that faught under the dixie flag weren't just anti-bush metal heads, they were just as much 'the man' and the yankees they faught against. Thats what made it a civil war, not an underground guerilla movement. To me it stands for the obvious things such as oppression of blacks, although I realise you don't think this point is valid, it also, to me, stands for the oppresion of the native americans and of a way of life in which the only group that mattered were white males. You can call me naive and what you will, but that is my interpretation of the flag, as that is in my mind what it originally represented, among other things.

I also don't support the Boy Scouts because of their position towards atheists and homosexuals, that is not to say they don't have valid points about pitching tents and forest fires, but I still disagree with what they represent on a morale level. I don't mean to offend you or the flag you seem to be defending, I am merely stating why I do not like the dixie flag and I find it stupid that it has been resurected as an image for social rebellion.

Anywho, back on topic, I don't think that is an Avenger because it seems to be strat-like in appearance and no this isn't quite as bad as his other solo previously the topic of much scrutiny but it still isn't pleasent to my ears.
Quote by BeefWellington

Interesting question...
Living in Savannah, Georgia, I feel the need to point out that most hicks don't even know what the Dixie flag looks like, let a lone do they care for it. That's just stereotyping. I don't like or defend rednecks, but living with them, you learn a few things. I'm surrounded by black people and hicks, I was raised in Japan, and I was born in Seattle. I am the ultimate cultural melting pot.

Synster Gate is a God-awful guitarist. The only reason he even gets any looks is because he isn't as bad as the guys from MCR, AFI, Green Day, Thursday, and all of those others. If you want a modern guitarist who can get MY respect, check out the Darkness. They're fantastic. They take it back old school to partying and feel-good rock and roll. Not the best, but they're some of the best the new millenium has to offer as a collective band considering their style and taste.
"Chuck-E-Cheese called. They want their band back."
First off, I'm not trying to argue. I'm a Democrat and I think people should live the way they want to live, IE. I'm not against homosexuality, abortion, interracial marriage or anything like that. I think people have the right to do what they will. The way I view the Rebel, Dixie, Confederate whatever you wish to call it Flag, is that people where fighting to defend their way of life. I might not agree with it, but back then rules and morals where a hell of a lot different than today. That's all they knew how to live, and the Union was making it very difficult to live that way comfortably. Thus, the Civil War. African American people WERE being oppressed that's true, but again back then this was viewed as ok. In fact, slavery wasn't even a huge part of the Civil War. Anyway, I'm sorry if I offended you, or made you think that I was pushing the beliefs of people long dead, because I wasn't.
I like how every other thread in UG, irregardless of the subject, digresses into some sort of argument rooted in a bunch of narcissistic twits. You should all calm down. We're all musicians here, right? It's supposed to relieve tension. Love one another.
Quote by God Am
Living in Savannah, Georgia, I feel the need to point out that most hicks don't even know what the Dixie flag looks like, let a lone do they care for it. That's just stereotyping. I don't like or defend rednecks, but living with them, you learn a few things. I'm surrounded by black people and hicks, I was raised in Japan, and I was born in Seattle. I am the ultimate cultural melting pot.

Synster Gate is a God-awful guitarist. The only reason he even gets any looks is because he isn't as bad as the guys from MCR, AFI, Green Day, Thursday, and all of those others. If you want a modern guitarist who can get MY respect, check out the Darkness. They're fantastic. They take it back old school to partying and feel-good rock and roll. Not the best, but they're some of the best the new millenium has to offer as a collective band considering their style and taste.

I like you. Even though you called me a narcicist, I was just trying to make my point understood instead of misunderstood. Anywho, your post for some reason reminded me of a funny fact.
I live in souther Ontario, Canada, in a relatively smallish town. There is a guy that drives a truck around my highschool. He has a giant Confederate flag on his back window..

What..the hell?
Quote by BeefWellington

Interesting question...
Quote by God Am
I like how every other thread in UG, irregardless of the subject, digresses into some sort of argument rooted in a bunch of narcissistic twits. You should all calm down. We're all musicians here, right? It's supposed to relieve tension. Love one another.

I'm not being mean or attacking someone, just trying to put across how I and others might view something. I'm not narcissictic at all, just trying to show someone how others might view something and it might not be as bad as their making it out to be.
okay so he's he's got the confederate flag, big deal. He's also got an avenger with the german flag on it. I gotta admit though, I love syn and he is a great guitarist but he really blowed in that video. Must be the heat cuz he kicked alota ass back in may in nyc. oh well
Schecter C-1-XXX - Seymour Duncan Jazz/Invader
Schecter A-1 - EMG 81/81
Schecter S-1 - EMG 81/85
Titan Custom Fernandes Ravelle Style

Peavy G-150
Line 6 Spider II 30

Line 6 Constrictor
Digitech Death Metal Distortion
Dunlop Crybaby
Quote by CodySG

I agree, plus that guitar looks stupid with the paint job.

I don't get what is up with the arguing. Its a paintjob he probably just thinks it looks cool.
SPAM
Stock Gibson Pickups from a 2005 V, I think they're a 498T and 500T set FS/FT
Duncan Distortion (regular spaced) FS

Looking for: an acoustic, recording gear, or $
Last edited by FFFDFEFRFKFFF at Aug 13, 2006,
Quote by colin1234
i went to ozzfest. might even be the one in the video. Aveneged sevenfold played Walk by Pantera.

ive seen a video of that, then some guy abused me and said that pantera was **** and that song was a disgrace to avenged sevenfold. he really pissed me off that guy
Quote by 6WS
haha, that is going to be the biggest p*ssy magnet since the keyboard neck tie.
Vice versa. Avenged Sevenfold was a disgrace when they covered Pantera.
Quote by El Codyo
Isn't he from SC, in other words, not even the South?

Ya thats what i dont understand hes not even from the south hes from California i dont understand its where the whole rebel things comes into play still hes just a pansy.

Only guitarists from the south should honestly play a guitar with that flag on it at least there from the area. Like Dime and ill except Zakk using one because he drinks alot of beer and acts like a redneck in General
Page 1 of 2