Im thinking about getting a Jackson JS1.. I love the look of this guitar.. i allways wanted one and they are very cheap. the body is made of alder and needs a pup change.. and like every other metal head here active emgs is the only option. How do they sound in alder wood? all i know is Mahogany is the best choice and basswood is bad.
I have the LTD Jeff Hanneman 600. Its alder, so are the kirk hammet ones. I don't think they sound bad, mahog is a bit fuller, but I dont mind alder
you sound like you know some stuff about wood types so, emg's with alder will sound like emg's with alder right? all around trebly, and what the **** do you mean by emgs are the only option for metal, you are just a noob who just heard ppl saying their biassed opinions. there are a lot of passive pickup users out there that play metal. I put an SD Hot rails on my alder guitar, and its metal as ****, hell, there is probably more players with passives than emgs.
Last edited by jumpmanhat at Aug 12, 2006,
Quote by jumpmanhat
you sound like you know some stuff about wood types so, emg's with alder will sound like emg's with alder right? all around trebly, and what the **** do you mean by emgs are the only option for metal, you are just a noob who just heard ppl saying their biassed opinions. there are a lot of passive pickup users out there that play metal

okokok im not a 'noob' im just saying most people in here say they love emgs.. i own a set of emgs and know what they are like. there is nothing wrong with passive pick ups. i was thinking about getting a pair of evolutions because they look cool, they come in lots of colours.. but you cant decide on looks alone.
Not such a good idea to get the Js1 since it only looks cool and that is about it. The overall quality is cheese.
Gear:
Black Jackson Dinky 2
Peavey Envoy 110
and that's it.
You'd get a lot of treble, but nothing the bass/low knob can't fix. But it still wont sound as "full" so alder+EMG's is ok but not the best. I suggest X2N's or some other high output pickups.
Quote by DoTheEvolution
It's worse pissing when you come in from the really cold weather and your penis has shrunken to the size of a coffee stir straw and the piss feels like the blast from a super soaker.
From what i hear 85s should be ok but 81s combined with alder may be too bright
Tunes, gear and other random stuff can be found in my "UG" profile if you click my name
Quote by wind88
Not such a good idea to get the Js1 since it only looks cool and that is about it. The overall quality is cheese.

your overall quality is cheese. NO! your moms cheese is overall quality.
Ok, i meant cheesy and wtf with the 5 yr-old your mom joke? I'm only trying to help aviod things you probaboly will regret buying a few weeks later.
Gear:
Black Jackson Dinky 2
Peavey Envoy 110
and that's it.
Quote by McLeet
okokok im not a 'noob' im just saying most people in here say they love emgs.. i own a set of emgs and know what they are like. there is nothing wrong with passive pick ups. i was thinking about getting a pair of evolutions because they look cool, they come in lots of colours.. but you cant decide on looks alone.

Please don't get Evo's just because they look cool, or if you play a little sloppy.