Anyone ever use this tuning? It has become my favourite tuning ever, and so far on my acoustic I have not gone back to standard for a few months. Jimmy Page wrote a few songs using this tuning (Black Mountain Side, Kashmir, etc.) Its advantages are a beautiful open feeling sound, its very rich and deep, nice fat sound, and you can get that amazing open D chord just by fretting one note. If you havn't tried it out yet, do it!

Oh yeah and Guitar World Acoustic has a column in it every issue called 'Make Room For DADGAD' which is written by Laurence Juber, you should also check that out.
Last edited by god9 at Aug 12, 2006,
Yes I use that tuning quite a bit with my acoustic, its fun to play around with, I would also reccomend DADDAD, I like to use that one as well.
Quote by Encore_God
The School of Blues is the same place as the University of Life, friend.

Gear:

Epiphone Les Paul
Fender Stratocaster
Crate GTX212
If you like that tuning check out some Pierre Bensusan's stuff, he plays in that tuning and an amazing player.
Its only when your life has truly gone to hell, that you know your really living.
^ Seconded on the Pierre.

And god9, I'm assuming you're fretting the 11th fret on the G string to get that D chord, right?
(Slightly outdated) Electronic and classical compositions by m'self: Check 'em out
I've never liked that tuning a whole lot actually, I don't find it flexible enough. I prefer CGCGCE and EAEAC#E.
Feel free to ignore my ranting.

Member of the Self-Taught Club.

A recent study shows that 8% of teenagers listen to nothing but music with guitars in it. Put this in your sig if you're one of the 92% who isn't a close-minded moron.
how would u go about tuning a guitar like that a tuner or just by ear somehow
[highlight]MY GUITAR[/highlight]
Quote by TheAmaranth
I once broke a G-String while fingering an A minor.

A recent study shows that 92% of all teenagers have moved on to rap music. Put this in your sig if you are one of the 8% who stayed with real music.
Quote by psychodelia
^ Seconded on the Pierre.

And god9, I'm assuming you're fretting the 11th fret on the G string to get that D chord, right?

2nd fret of the G string.
Quote by kam3
how would u go about tuning a guitar like that a tuner or just by ear somehow

Tune the 6th string down to a D - just match it with the note of the D (4th) string.
Tune the 2nd string down to an A - pluck the 5th (A) string and lower the B string down till it matches
Finally, tune your 1st (high E) string down to a D, just match it with the same note as your 4th string.

You can really do it all by ear much quicker than using a tuner, just as long as all your other strings are in tune.
ok thnx but i dont get the b and g notes does it have anyting to do with the chromatic scale??
[highlight]MY GUITAR[/highlight]
Quote by TheAmaranth
I once broke a G-String while fingering an A minor.

A recent study shows that 92% of all teenagers have moved on to rap music. Put this in your sig if you are one of the 8% who stayed with real music.