which one
fender strat
or
fender thinline

i play punk mostly
1) which one do you like more?
2) which one plays better?
3) what the **** are talking about?
4) which of the many many different types of strats and thinlines are you talking about?
5) when will you answer question 4 so I can actually help you by telling you which are better quality.
6) when will you try the guitars out?
7) what amp do you have
8) do you have any other questions
9) what are your other guitar(s)
10) ... We can only tell you which are better quality, but only you can decide which one feels and sounds better.
Going to Columbia University this fall! Woohoo!
Member of UGPSA: Ultimate-Guitar's Potsmokers Association
Quote by tarheelfan2
strats arent really made for punk

Strats are good for most genres... but a fat strat might be better suited for punk
Hai UG!
My friend is in a metal/hardcore band and he plays a strat, and so does the rythm guitar.
High as tits
Quote by Suicidal_Brick
My friend is in a metal/hardcore band and he plays a strat, and so does the rythm guitar.

yup but i bet he modded it. single coils are to trebly for metal
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||

I wouldn't say that a Thinline was an obvious choice for punk either though. Get a Strat and whack a Humbucker in the bridge and you're sorted.
Feel free to ignore my ranting.

Member of the Self-Taught Club.

A recent study shows that 8% of teenagers listen to nothing but music with guitars in it. Put this in your sig if you're one of the 92% who isn't a close-minded moron.
My Fender came with a humbucker Why do people always forget Fender Strat HSS's? Even at the store i bought mine from they had to go find one they had burried in the back LOL.
Im tempted to start paying for an eric johnson strat...
By far the best production strat out there.
Epiphone Les Paul Studio
Boss Metalzone
Peavey Bandit

Quote by urik

No. He didn't. It has Noiseless pick-ups, but that is the only mod that the old owner made to it. His dad painted it red over the worn finish. Metal!!!
High as tits
Quote by urik

sorry mate but i use a fat strat regularly and well single coils have more bass in it then the bridge humbucker but then again this was an older model
there are many different types of strats, so be more specific. Anyways, we cant tell you which one to get you have to decide depending on the feel and sound. Also, strats are more for like blues and clear music. Not distorted punk music.

(Epiphone SG's are good for like punk music)
single coils are a tad thin for metal, there not too trebly

listen to dimebag, he was a trebly mofo
Quote by R_H_C_P
You're joking right?

It's like comparing sex to sticking your penis in a blender.

Quote by Cmogi10
Im tempted to start paying for an eric johnson strat...
By far the best production strat out there.

My god, I had the best expierience in a local music store recently. I had an EJ Strat, going into a Vox V847 wah, running through a Marshall JCM800 Half Stack. All this in a sound proof room in which I could crank the amp.

Needless to say I almost creamed myself.
Last edited by wylde_overdrive at Aug 14, 2006,
if u want a strat with a humbucker, although it's not an official one, but yahmaha pacifica are slightly strat looking and hav humbucker pickups but i think there are actually strat with thm, i swear i saw 1 somewhere............
my books myspace
Here
read it, new chapter added every 2 weeks
The Eric Johnson one looks top notch, as well as the Eric Clapton. I am too scared to pick them up though
High as tits
Quote by Suicidal_Brick
The Eric Johnson one looks top notch, as well as the Eric Clapton. I am too scared to pick them up though

Lol, when I wanted to try the EJ I made an ass of myself. Here's how it went...

"Hey man, can I uh.. try the Eric Johnson guitar out and uh... not plugged in or anything... and er... um... really quick too!"

Really hard to form a sentence with a $2000 guitar in your hands.