Ok so when I first got my guitar it was set up at Music STop with 10 guage strings. I wanted to try a heavier guage so I put 11's on it, and now it looks like the neck is starting to bow a little bit. I think I might try and straighten it myself then put another set of 10's on? Do you think this is a good idea or should I just pay to get it done?Any advice would be greatly appreciated from you guru's.

Oh and P.S. I'm not sure if this is the right forum but I know how bad people get ticked about that kinda stuff, so if its not, just redirect it. THanks alot you guys ( and possibly gals)
Strange beautiful grass of green,
With your majestic silver seas
Your mysterious mountains I wish to see closer
May I land my kinky machine
How much of a bow is it? All guitar necks are actually bowed a little bit, no neck is straight. If it's only a little bit you can just tighten your truss rod. Beware though, truss rod adjustments are a sure way to mess up your guitar if done incorrectly. If you don't feel comfortable doing truss adjustments yourself then I say take it to a pro.
Gibson SG Special Ebony
Epiphone Sheraton w/ Seymour Duncan JB and SH-1 '59
Fender 1985 Made in Japan Stratocaster
Ibanez S470 DXQM Charcoal Brown
Simon Patrick CW Spruce Top Acoustic
Quote by teamzaius
How much of a bow is it? All guitar necks are actually bowed a little bit, no neck is straight. If it's only a little bit you can just tighten your truss rod. Beware though, truss rod adjustments are a sure way to mess up your guitar if done incorrectly. If you don't feel comfortable doing truss adjustments yourself then I say take it to a pro.

Yeah I got my younger cousin to try it because he was ALOT more exprienced than I was, but the 11's were still on and all he did was loosen the d and g strings to get at the truss rod, but it wasnt fully straight and the d and g strings would go out of tune quite easlily, but I thought since it was set up for 10's, if I straightened it fully and put new 10's on , would it stay straight. And I guess you learn something every day cause I didnt know that all necks bowed a little, I just get paranoid and like to be perfect when it comes to my guitar. electric that is. No it's not bowed that bad but I just thought I'd get it fixed before it got worse. its a strat style the a trem bridge ( I think thats the style) same as a strat
Quote by teamzaius

And I must say, I think some people on here can be pretty pig-headed when it comes to UG'ers that they dont know, but you're the first person to respond to one of my threads with an honest, thruthful response, so I say to you sir ( or ma'am) YOU ROCK!!!!!

Pure respect
well if you want you could reply back and one of the regulars would post up a guide on how to do it otherwise like said take it to shop/luthier to get a set up