Hey there,

Alright well, do any of you come across idiots who say music that is created from a band playing instruments is really stupid and too loud because the singer only screams into a microphone ?

Cause a lot of people who listen to like rap, hip-hop and all that crap always say that to me...i mean people who play in bands actually spend tons of hours with their instrument they play to get really good at it and to express themselves with it...unlike rap where its usually a computerized beat and then a black guy (usually) singing about his ****ty childhood . This doesn't take talent, you put together some lyrics and then try to say them really fast...or yet they take a beat thats already created from a band and change it slightly so they can call it their own creation.

Well , these people piss me off. Any of you people come across these close minded idiots ? (oh, and i know they have the right to listen to what they want)
do you know that your whining is annoying? and that you are a hypocrite?

I mean, just look at this guys post. He whines about 'closeminded people' not liking his music then goes off slagging hip hop as all 'black guys singing about their ****ty childhood'. Give me a fucking break. People like you should be banned from listening to music. Also- never step into the metal forum because we already have enough idiots like you posting in it!

also- some hip hop records took more skill and talent to make than some of todays metal albums.
Last edited by Night_Lights at Aug 12, 2006,
Ironically you sound like one of the close-minded idiots you describe. The only difference is you listen to metal. Yes, there are people like that, you just have to ignore it. Because their tastes will change in a decade at most when rap dies (and it will... do we still have new disco songs being released and ending up in the top ten of billboard? no.).
Going to Columbia University this fall! Woohoo!
Member of UGPSA: Ultimate-Guitar's Potsmokers Association
the_trooper49 huh huh
Left Jab, Right hook, Then I knocked him out I hate player haters so I pissed in his mouth
Quote by the_trooper49
haha, night lights you are so gay...i should be banned from listening to music ? hahaha

lol...

In case you haven't noticed (don't ask why I know the following information),
rap and hip-hop/pop have been moving towards more instrumental-type "songs". Now, we're seeing a lot of reggae, latino, and even rock influences in rap and hip-hop nowadays (but it still can't compete with old-school **** which I'll actually listen to.) Believe it or not, there's a good chance that "rappers" are better musicians than you. To be able to have that beat, you have to hear it in your head and apply it, which is a trait of every single one of your influences, because you can't make it big without that (your only other option is to have an overload knowledge of theory and a lot of spare time). Very few musicians have the natural ability to do so, which however ****ty rappers' stuff may sound nowadays, is why there is a good chance they are better musicians than a lot of people on this site.
screaming sucks, it sounds like a bunch of angry horny dogs and takes no talent. while rap on the other hand takes rhythmic and melodic talent, lyrically and improvisationally, if it's freestyled. It's urban poetry.

All bands have good musicians in them, except for new music these days where the screamer just screams. THIS takes no talent. the singer is just any random dude who wants to be in a band and yell. You see the talent meter? it's still on zero...

and breakdowns? what's up with that? stuff you could play solely with your right hand? c'mon!

dragonforce has talent though.
Quote by FlyingFuc!<
screaming sucks, it sounds like a bunch of angry horny dogs and takes no talent. while rap on the other hand takes rhythmic and melodic talent, lyrically and improvisationally, if it's freestyled. It's urban poetry.

All bands have good musicians in them, except for new music these days where the screamer just screams. THIS takes no talent. the singer is just any random dude who wants to be in a band and yell. You see the talent meter? it's still on zero...

and breakdowns? what's up with that? stuff you could play solely with your right hand? c'mon!

dragonforce has talent though.

I Don't listen to metal, in fact I listen to it as much as new rap (never, except Metallica they're pretty cool). Screaming does take talent. If you go out every night and scream without proper training, it's the easiest way to guarantee absolutely ****ed-up vocals. Screaming is actually one of the hardest style of music to sing, simply because it puts so much strain on your vocal chords. It sounds like ****, but it takes talent. OK people, what kind of music genre takes no talent next? I'm ready.
i'm in a metal/hardcore band and i do scream every night for at least 30 min. and it only messes up my throat for about 30 min. afterwards, other than that i'm fine. i can scream but can't rap...or even write decent rap...so what takes more talent?
Quote by wmzbomgzors
I Don't listen to metal, in fact I listen to it as much as new rap (never, except Metallica they're pretty cool). Screaming does take talent. If you go out every night and scream without proper training, it's the easiest way to guarantee absolutely ****ed-up vocals. Screaming is actually one of the hardest style of music to sing, simply because it puts so much strain on your vocal chords. It sounds like ****, but it takes talent. OK people, what kind of music genre takes no talent next? I'm ready.

pop-punk takes no talent. im talking blind 182, green day, fall out boy, etc.
If you want to jam in/around Mooresville NC message me.
Quote by FlyingFuc!<
i'm in a metal/hardcore band and i do scream every night for at least 30 min. and it only messes up my throat for about 30 min. afterwards, other than that i'm fine. i can scream but can't rap...or even write decent rap...so what takes more talent?

I'm not talking about short-term. In my opinion, if you can play (or sing or write or whatever) an instrument well enough to become famous, whether that's applying a drum beat to a keyboard, ripping through guitars 30 nps, or screaming your ass off at a gig every other night for a minimum of two hours each night, you have to have some talent .

... everything I just mentionted I don't listen to

Quote by 812many
pop-punk takes no talent. im talking blind 182, green day, fall out boy, etc.

They can stay in time? From what I've heard though Blink 182's drummer is pretty kickass. The guitarist from Green Day (Billy Joe Armstrong or something), is actually pretty good man. You just don't see it in their songs. And obviously Fall Out Boy has to write some pretty good lyrics that teenage girls can relate to if they can get their panties off them in 0.36 seconds into the song ... even if you can't understand what they're saying *cough*Sugar We're Going Down*cough*
Last edited by wmzbomgzors at Aug 13, 2006,
Quote by the_trooper49
haha, night lights you are so gay...i should be banned from listening to music ? hahaha

yes you should. nice metallica avatar, when did you first listen to them, a week ago? you're about 20 years behind.
Well,anyway you look at it musicians don't write music,per se.So whether a band or musician has "talent" is pretty irrelavant,wouldn't you say?
Yes.
How about... not? This is a spamfest waiting to happen. Keep your opinions to yourself if you get this buckwild about them.

*CLOSED*
Looking for my India/Django.