There is a little indent on the 7th fret, not the fret itself but the metal bar thing that goes across, the 7th one. Its right above the B string and it interferes when I play on the 7th or 8th fret and its just a little off so if I bend just a bit, it sounds like **** because its in the little teeny tiny indent. It also interferes with the G and high E strings because I can bend past there. I would say its .10 of a millimeter thick. Any way to fix it?
Quote by DoTheEvolution
It's worse pissing when you come in from the really cold weather and your penis has shrunken to the size of a coffee stir straw and the piss feels like the blast from a super soaker.
Would'nt it **** up anything else? Then I'd get fret rattling oh ****... I forgot the word. But yeah you get what I mean. My action is already as low as it can go and its perfect for me.
i dont see how it can mess it up worst than it already is, i mean you cant get the sound out of it you really want the way it is now, i dont think it will really harm it much if you sand down that one bar to where it is almost flat,like i dont think it can totally alter the sound of your guitar, if you are really that concered about it, take it in a guitar repair shop, ask them what's wrong and what/how it can be fixed and get a quote on a price, if it isnt too pricy then have the pros do it, if it some what costly then id reconmend you taking their advice on how to fix it and do it your self
Dude you've got to get that fixed at a shop. Fretwork is the last thing you want to go ****ing around with cause the damage you'll mostly likely cause could be alot more serious then it allready is. If the indent is deep then you'll probably need a new fret. Your not gonna get this fixed for less then $50-$60. And thats in the best scenario.

p.s. dont listen to the_man101. Dont **** with it. Cause youll just make the repair more expensive. And a repair shop cant realyl give you quotes on things like this cause they dont know what itll take to fix until they start doing it. There could be more wrong with your guitar then you know. And a guitar tech might not find other problems til the fix one.
Last edited by sestemofatowel at Aug 13, 2006,
should't really affect anything. if you play up there frequently, you may get a little buzz, but you can adjust the action to fix that.
Quote by altarofdemise
There is a little indent on the 7th fret, not the fret itself but the metal bar thing that goes across, the 7th one.

That actually is the fret itself. The fret is the "metal bar" as you put it. The fingerboard section between frets really isn't the "fret." It's a common misconception.
Hi, I'm Peter
I play around there many a lot. But its just like .10 of a millimeter, would it really do that much harm?
p.s. dont listen to the_man101. Dont **** with it. Cause youll just make the repair more expensive. And a repair shop cant realyl give you quotes on things like this cause they dont know what itll take to fix until they start doing it. There could be more wrong with your guitar then you know. And a guitar tech might not find other problems til the fix one.

ok dude, i dont think if you sand down your fret bar a little will really affect it, its not the acutal fret it is the fret bar, do you think it will really alter the entire guitar if you sand it down like half a millimeter?
seriously
Yes, if you mess up, then you'd have to file all the frets, or even get a new one if you screw it up enough. (naw, just replace the fretwires :P)

It is that millimeter that makes you pay alot, dude.
.10 of a millimeter! ****. Not to get off hand but the Jackson X Series are made out of basswood, I wanted to get the RX10D, oh ****, Jackson I will rape you!

Would it really do that much damage, like if i **** it up I dont want to pay, getting money from my parents isnt the easiest thing although they have loads of it.
Quote by altarofdemise
.10 of a millimeter! ****. Not to get off hand but the Jackson X Series are made out of basswood, I wanted to get the RX10D, oh ****, Jackson I will rape you!

Would it really do that much damage, like if i **** it up I dont want to pay, getting money from my parents isnt the easiest thing although they have loads of it.

Well you can adjust your action and hope it works, but in the long run, sand it, or replace it.
frets arent meant to be sanded but shaved... sanding leaves i irregular patterns on the fret itself that weakens them and can lead to more problems.. either 1. replace it.. or 2.. take it and get the frets shaved (they have special tools to do this so i wouldnt recommend doing it yourself unless you want to shell out the money for the tools..) or 3. live with it which i doubt you want to do...
Quote by a6l6e6x1
hahaha "sexism the ultimate humour" a6l6e6x, 2008

My gear:
Kramer Custom Made from 1986
Framus Manhattan
Phaiga Hybrid H1
Ibanez RGT220A
Ibanez RG305DX
Framus Dragon Top
Custom Cab with 6 Celestion G12H Speakers