ok now that i have your attention i have a floyd rose problem. now is it normal for brand new strings to require more tension at first than as they settle require less?
because every time i install string on my jackson(one at a time) my floyd bridge goes out of balance and strings start buzzing. could someone explain?
Quote by rooster456
Guitars will bring girlfriends. Girlfriends won't bring guitars.

Because footstools are cool UG's Classical Guitarists
pm Marmoseti or Confusius to join
Yeah, you gotta' work the strings in. Are you sure you're not using different guage strings everytime you're putting in new strings?
Quote by altarofdemise
Yeah, you gotta' work the strings in. Are you sure you're not using different guage strings everytime you're putting in new strings?

yep, i make sure and check the package. I also ask for the same guage. I always use 10's
Quote by rooster456

Last edited by Csquared1001 at Aug 13, 2006,
You know what a good idea is? Not falsely advertising your thread.
You know what a really bad idea is? Faslely advertising your thread and insulting the forum at the same time.
Quote by BeefWellington

what's the point in being "philiosophical"?

Interesting question...
Quote by Vornik
You know what a really bad idea is? Faslely advertising your thread and insulting the forum at the same time.

yeah well it got your attention right? plus nobody could hate UG anyway
Quote by rooster456

Quote by Vornik

Vornik, you have truely upped the level of Ub3r Pwn4g3.
lol i thought it was creative...
You do know that strings stretch right?

So usually u give them a little tug right before u take them out of the package, and then I usually string them, get them fairly tight, maybe try to tune them all a little sharp, and then let it sit for an hour or so...

thats just wut i do though, and its more difficult on a floyd.
If you did wut i did, and got a floyd on ur first guitar, be prepared for a lot of learning. WOOHOO
but my bridge should rebalance itself right?
Quote by rooster456

lol I thought I was gonna see someone get banned
Quote by King ofKumbucha
What is plexi? Do you mean a guitar made out of plexiglass?
^
^lol
Quote by King ofKumbucha
What is plexi? Do you mean a guitar made out of plexiglass?
Well as you know, hopefully, a floyd rose, or any kind of floyd rose licenced product should be level with the body. It should not be angles inside of the boddy or outside.

once the strings break in and stretch out some the bridge will reposition itself, and as long you stay the same guage it should be the same level as it was before.

But tuning these are a pain too, u know that when you tighten one string, all the other strings go flat a little? Sorry im just checking sometimes people know and sometimes they dont, lol
they should require the same tension at all times when tuning. they lose their tuning new so less tension retune it back to same tension required to keep x string at y tuning
Quote by theusedsk8er
Vornik, you have truely upped the level of Ub3r Pwn4g3.

No.