Ok so im writing a song, for the verse im using the chords Dadd9, Am, and C in that order. and the chorus is A, G, and B in that order. I want to add a solo but have no idea what key to play it in. Any one have a clue?
Go Music!

Quote by Double Basser
Prhozac, you are a Legend.

Member of the "official band/artist obsessors club" as a Bob Dylan obsessor pm me_and_my_esp or DownDark to join
Your verse is in D mixolydian (well that's what I would say, some might say it's in G, but since there's no G chord...)

Your chorus is not within one key, so you have to make a decision. Since A and G are both in A mixolydian, I would use A mixolydian over those two chords. Then, over the B, you could play B mixolydian (Since A is in B mixolydian, it won't sound like you're changing that much) or you could use the B minor pentatonic scale to give a bluesier sound, but keep some of the notes from A mixolydian.
(Slightly outdated) Electronic and classical compositions by m'self: Check 'em out
I agree, D mixolydian for the first set, then play modally or as psychodelia suggested over the second set.
Looking for my India/Django.
thanks heaps. ussualy i can tell if its more simple but then i added the Dadd9 and it all got confusing
Go Music!

Quote by Double Basser
Prhozac, you are a Legend.

Member of the "official band/artist obsessors club" as a Bob Dylan obsessor pm me_and_my_esp or DownDark to join