I guess The Allman Brothers Band would be considered relaxing, as they are often compared to The Grateful Dead, a jam band. Any blues with an emphasis on vocals could be relaxing I suppose. Most pre-war blues is relaxing since it's all acoustic. Not sure what you want.
The Allman Brothers Band can be relaxing, but the main reason they are compared to The Grateful Dead is because they are a jam band.

However, The Dead (especially post-Ron Pigpen McKernan) are much more folk and psychedelic, opposed to The Allman Brothers Band who are much more heavilly blues based.

That doesn't mean to say they aren't relaxing, but they definetly are Grateful Dead relaxing.

I think that The Allman Brothers Band are better, though (even though I love The Dead), so definetly check them out.

Also, check out B.B. King, who is a very relaxing blues artist.
When I feel like relaxing, the first songs that come to mind are "Three O' Clock Blues" and "The Thrill is Gone" by B.B. King.
Lenny-SRV
Rememberin' Stevie-Buddy Guy
Stormy Monday-T-Bone Walker

they're all quite relaxing
Peter Green. Or Gary Moore. Both have some awesomely soulful pieces in their back catalogues. Also, Mississippi John Hurt.
Encore God & Asomodai- UG JHS Brotherhood

Encore God: fighting UG Zeppelin-centrism since 2002.
Eric Clapton Unplugged, buuuuddy. Walkin' Blues is grand for relaxing... I'd say any acoustic slide blues is relaxing.
Psycho Killer,
Qu'est-ce que c'est?
Fa fa fa faa fa fa fa fa-fa faa

Quote by Paul Brannigan
Pie is like bread, but just with more pie in it
Quote by sandwich_man
Eric Clapton Unplugged, buuuuddy. Walkin' Blues is grand for relaxing... I'd say any acoustic slide blues is relaxing.

Er, not true at all.
Encore God & Asomodai- UG JHS Brotherhood

Encore God: fighting UG Zeppelin-centrism since 2002.
Chulahoma, the Black Keys new mini album is nice and relaxing. It is an EP withg 6 or 7 Junior Kimbrough songs on it and it is great.
A lot of Albert King songs
including:
Kansas City
I Almost lost my mind
As the years go passing by
The Very thought of you
Tokyo Blue by MVP (feat. Shawn Lane, Frank Gambale, and Brett Garsed)

This is from the album "Centrifugal Funk." Ultimate musical relaxer. The song doesn't really fall under any genre though...
When I need to relax I like to listen to "Lucille" by B.B King.
Muddy Waters Tele - Signed by the members of Canned Heat
PRS Soapbar SE - Signed by Michael Angelo Batio
H&K Statesman Quad EL-84
Dunlop Wah (modded to JH specs)
im going to an eric clapton concert... HOW MAD IS THAT...

LOL HEHE

'blade''
uhm its not REALLY blues but any softer larry carlton would suffice

or prlly my 2nd favourite guitarist ever

freddie king
Quote by R_H_C_P
You're joking right?

It's like comparing sex to sticking your penis in a blender.

Some SRV is beautifully relaxing, magical stuff. hendrix also, some of his stone-cold blues stuff is gold (im not talking about red house either ). defiantely good for some of the slower-tempo allman brothers stuff (check out stormy monday off the Fillmore album).

but THE most chill song ever...Green Onions by booker T and the MG's

that song just oozes cool
Quote by ~AdNy

but THE most chill song ever...Green Onions by booker T and the MG's

that song just oozes cool

Don't want to be an actor pretending on the stage
Don't want to be a writer with my thoughts out on the page
Don't want to be a painter 'cause everyone comes to look
Don't want to be anything where my life's an open book

Phish - Waste
Oh, I forgot to mention. My favourite all time chill out album, even though it isn't really blues, is Dark Side of the Moon.
Muddy Waters Tele - Signed by the members of Canned Heat
PRS Soapbar SE - Signed by Michael Angelo Batio
H&K Statesman Quad EL-84
Dunlop Wah (modded to JH specs)
Quote by TheHeartbreaker
The Allman Brothers Band can be relaxing, but the main reason they are compared to The Grateful Dead is because they are a jam band.

FALSE! lol

The "Live at the Beacon Theatre" DVD has an hour-long interview with the band, and Gregg Allman says, sternly, "The Allman Brothers Band is a band that jams. But we are not a jam band."

The reason he says that is because they actively put markers or checkpoints in their songs, a lot more than the Dead do. The Dead noodle on and on and on, which makes them really good as well, but there aren't really as many checkpoints in the songs.

JJ Cale is really smooth stuff too. He is actually the writer of "Cocaine," "After Midnight," and "Call Me the Breeze."
Looking for my India/Django.
Quote by redwing_suck
FALSE! lol

The "Live at the Beacon Theatre" DVD has an hour-long interview with the band, and Gregg Allman says, sternly, "The Allman Brothers Band is a band that jams. But we are not a jam band."

thats very interesting, i definately have noticed what he means. i wonder what he had to say about Mountain Jam and Whippin Post then