As the title says, I'm searching for relatively easy, modern solos. By "relatively easy", I mean in comparison to, say, Tenacious D - Wonderboy and Joe Satriani - Always With Me, Always With You. Those two songs are the absolute limit; anything of the same level or lower is fine.

...except..!

I'm not asking for solos that are ridiculously easy, or that every guitarist already knows, because hey, I probably know it and have played it, too! Suggestions of Green Day, Avril Lavigne, Blink 182, 3 Doors Down, Nirvana, Sum 41, etc., are thus unofficially banned in this thread.

I use the word "solo" very loosely; anything with a good, and hopefully remotely challenging, riff is welcome as well.

Thanks in advance.
Sublime-What I Got
30w crate
Epi sg
Fretless yamaha pacifica

Being poor rules.
Dispatch- The General

New Radicals- You Get What You Give (Its pop but i like this song)
'11 Gibson LP Jr.
'07 Gretsch 5120
'69 Tele
'10 Godin 5th Ave. Kingpin
'03 Blueridge Dreadnought
'02 Custom Martin D-28
Premier Twin-8
Fender Hot Rod Dlx
Boss SD-1
thunderstruck - ac/dc

ac/dc solos are really good for intermediate players
'Lovely' does NOT have guitar solos!

Monterey Stage Series Electric
Some bright orange Ashton acoustic
Line 6 Spider 2 112
Variax 300
I'd have to say Sad But True. It's complicated at first, but then after a few million tries, you understand it. And the second solo takes about 10 minutes to learn.

I'm not an insane lead guitar player like other people on these boards, in fact, I'm just starting out. So that's my opinion on an easy 90's rock solo.
Thanks! At the moment, I'm leaning a little towards metal, as well, since I haven't had much experience with this genre. In particular, something impressive but that that difficult would be excellent, as I need to find a song to perform for an assessment in two weeks' time. If all else fails, I may have to stick with a song by Alter Bridge.
Well Don't Cry is easy if you like GN'R. Can't really think of anything else right now, it's too late. Any specific bands you like the style of that might have an easy solo?
Nine Inch Nails-Ruiner
Extremely easy solo i could nail it after 3 months of sloppy playing.
Quote by roast
Cool, thanks Lagrance.

Randall Rx15
Ibanez Rg321Mh
Musima 25K Deluxe
Zoom 505 II
Quote by Turbo_Man
Well Don't Cry is easy if you like GN'R. Can't really think of anything else right now, it's too late. Any specific bands you like the style of that might have an easy solo?

No, I don't. The only two classic rock artists who I like (or am close to liking) are Peter Frampton and Blue Oyster Cult. Anything modern-sounding is preferred, hence the request for 90s-00s solos only. Thanks for the effort, though.

Actually, what would be even better is something that can be played by a single guitar, such as Alter Bridge - Broken Wings, which I may perform if worst comes to worst.
you could try the riff from Daddy, Brother, Lover, Little Boy by Mr. Big (not the solo, its paul gilbert ffs), but teh riff is quite hard, is cool however, and i think you could get it at a stretch, sorry if im wrong...
Why did Pat Metheney cross the road? He didn't, his hair got in the way
--
Member #1 of Ibanez > You club. PM me to join
try The Strokes...Reptilia, Heart in a Cage, Razorblade, try Vision of Division. (also look at 'Clear Skies')