Okay so I've learned the Minor Pentatonic Scale.

I then went to the Major Pentatonic Scale and found that it was the same exact formation of notes so decided I might as well not learn it because I was confused and still an about how it really differs from the Minor Pentatonic.

Next I went to the Natural Minor Scale and learned that one.

And finally I went to the Major Scale and found that it was almost the exact same note formation as the natural minor scale was except for like the last box I think. I decided not to learn that one either.

I am now thinking that maybe I should give up trying to learn scales and just play with the Minor Pentatonic with some accidentals every now and then if it sounds good. I don't get why somebody would need to learn all of these scales if they're all almost exactly the same. I don't want to give up scales if this really isn't the case and I'm just confused but to me right now it seems that it would be pointless. Please help me out with this thank you.
^Well, you can approach it how you like. You can learn every position individually, or you can visualizeall the notes overlapping.

Take a static chord vamp in A Minor and start playing the A Minor pentatonic over it... now, you know that to 'turn it into' A Natural minor you need two add two notes, the 2nd and the b6th - practice with the mindset that all you need to do is add or substract a few notes from the scale you're playing and you'll be effectively turning it into something else. That mindset lends itself to a nice fluid transition, because you're not consciously changing scale or position, you know where your notes are and you're including them instead of thinking... 'Okay, change position here' and then stuttering.

Of course you can do it with the major pentatonic aswell, stick in the 4th and 7th and you're playing in Ionian, then maybe you've got a dom7 chord coming up... flat the 7th and emphasise the new tonic over the chord, and maybe include it in the bass and voila, you have Mixolydian. You've effectively, in the ears of the listener change the perceived tonality of the complete piece.

To some it up, try thinking of changing scales only in your mind, not on the fretboard. Here the chord coming up and emphasise the right notes, and you'll sound flawless and like you spent 8 hours a day learning every scale position and how to flow in and out of them, when all you did was add a few notes.
the more you knwo the easier to compose.....you spend less time messing with notes that dont go well together, because you already have an idea of your options from one note to the next, depending on key, scale, ect. plus, by practicing scales, you become more familiar with your fretboard and it helps improve your relative pitch. learning more scales will only make you a better musician. but no, it is not neceisary, nor likely possible, to know every scale.

^thanks zeus, John you kinda confused me but thanks for trying...i think i guess i'll just keep trudging along or whatever and hope it all pays off in the end. thanks again.