i used to alternate pick fast but now i have much tention on my wrist whenever i tremelo on a note.

so what should i do ?
Quote by Jimi Hendrix
The Blues Is Easy To Play But Hard To Feel.

Quote by Chris Impellitteri
I Promise That My Solos Will Only Get Faster.
[Practice Makes Perfect][Hell Yeah]
I'm also having problems with my right hand. All the exercising I find on UG and other guitar websites are about the left hand so I'm also kinda lost on what to do. The only thing I can think of is just start slowly and build up speed and stop for a few seconds when you start to feel tension.
Quote by f1f2
[Practice Makes Perfect] lol

What do you mean?

Threadstarter... you used to be able to pick fast with no tension, but now you can't because you're full of tension... what to do?

Get rid of the tension...
try practicing this lick

e------------------------12-------12-14----12-|
B------------------10-13----10-13-------13----|
G-----9-11----9-11----------------------------|
D--10------10---------------------------------|
A---------------------------------------------|
E---------------------------------------------| 

and then play it backwards as well, but make sure to alternate pick
Quote by Righteous
Is that Chuck Norris in your avator? I never thought of him as a shredder really... a shredder of bodies maybe.

Member: "I died a little inside when Steve Irwin died...RIP" club. Put in your sig to join

Self Proclaimed Master of Typos
Just try to play like normally you will do, don't get stressed if you can't reach that speed. It will come in the mean time.
try to practice some songs that has riffs with tremolo pickings.., such as ...
Your lucky I lost my right hand.
George W. Bush for President 2012

We can do it if we work together!
well, you have to achieve a small, controlled movement in the picking hand without tension at a slow tempo before you can even think about jumping to tremolo picking...if you can't nail it at a high speed, you'll have to slow it down and find the speed that is giving you problems, find out what is causing the problem, and fix it...the only way you can find exactly what it is creating the tension, you'll have to be aware of your whole body using the correct practice principles
Quote by BigFatSandwich
it took you 15 consecutive hours of practice to realize that playing guitar makes you better at playing guitar. congratulations.

Quote by Sharp_as_steel
Axe_grinder pwns!!!!

Member #2 of the "Official UG Teabaggers' Cult". PM Slayer224 to join.
just try to make you hand feel light and almost like your not worrying about it. dont be stiff. just paractice scales and alternate picking and try to make it so you dont feel and tightness or tension. when you know what that feels like then try to speed it up without gaining tension.
You should slow down and practice really slow and just feel where the tension is and change until the tension goes away. Then gradually build back up. Tension will kill you though. Alexi Laiho said, in some interview, that he had to stop playing and just focus on learning to pick all over because he got some thing from tension in his picking hand. That'd suck.
SPAM
Stock Gibson Pickups from a 2005 V, I think they're a 498T and 500T set FS/FT
Duncan Distortion (regular spaced) FS

Looking for: an acoustic, recording gear, or $
still lost your hand speed up to now??? that would be ********..,
i will try all ur advices and i hope it will solve the problem.
Quote by Jimi Hendrix

yeah just go back and start from where you can, start back where it feels comfortable and if you were able to do it before you can do it again, i had this problem once before, i came to the realization that my muscles were just tight from not doing it in a while, it prolly won't take too long to loosen them back up.
thnx guys i took a break for one day and now i can pick fast again with a smooth left hand cuz when i had the tention on my right hand my left was sloppy.
Quote by Jimi Hendrix