Alright... so I recently got a SG Special, you know, just for starters... but I'm having trouble with the damn strings!

I mean, they're so bulky and stiff man... I can't really solo on them. Anyway... I live in the Philippines and the best strings here (as far as I'm concerned) are the Ernie Ball's. I've been using Super Slinky strings for quite some time now, I used them on my Les Paul. Now, my question is if these strings would go well with this guitar?

Right now, the guitar is so damn hard to play... any other suggestions to tame this beast, other than changing the strings? Oh yeah... buying new pick-ups is definately out of the question... I'm strapped for cash, and I only have enough for new strings and some other stuff....

Thanks...
um i dont see why the Super Slinky strings wont work, Ernie Ball are awesome strings.
Are You a PROG-HEAD? I am.

My Gear :

-Peavey HP Signature EX
-Fender 100H(Head) + Fender FM412 (Cab)
-GBX Custom Bug
-Dunlop Wah Pedal GCB-95
-Marshall GV-2 Plus
-Boss CS-3
-Behringer Digital Reverb DR100
On my SG I always use 9's (Ernie Ball Super Slinkys) or 8's (Yngwie Malmsteen Deans)
You shouldn't need to ask this question, 9's are hardly going to do any damage to any guitar.
Axe FX 2
Matrix GT1000FX
Mesa 4x12
Behringer FCB1010
Thanks for the replies...
Hmmm...
I think one of you guys got the wrong idea... I think it was FullMetalTrash... uh, the strings I have right now are stock, they aren't the super slinkies just yet...

Alright... so 9's it is... but, what about the body? What can I do about it?
Quote by AwesomeOni
Hmmm...
I think one of you guys got the wrong idea... I think it was FullMetalTrash... uh, the strings I have right now are stock, they aren't the super slinkies just yet...

Alright... so 9's it is... but, what about the body? What can I do about it?

Whats wrong with the body?
Axe FX 2
Matrix GT1000FX
Mesa 4x12
Behringer FCB1010
Quote by AwesomeOni
what about the body? What can I do about it?

What do you mean? The guitar itself is a POS, and there's not much you can do about that.
Quote by electrik
What do you mean? The guitar itself is a POS, and there's not much you can do about that.

Complete ownage right there.

Anywho, what do you mean about the body? What's wrong with it?
Sorry for being vague... again. I guess I wasn't very specific, eh? I was talking about the pick-ups.